cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneralPostoffice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 351 of 393

Re: FOX TV channel ending on BT TV

Sky Q strikes me as a great piece of hardware that is ultimately pointless because streaming technology is about to obsolete it.

It's easy to stream from the internet to any of your mobile devices directly and the major broadcasters/channels either already have their own internet catchup/streaming or will do soon.

If you are a really techie person - who might be tempted by the technology -  you can already set up your own home server and something like Plex and share downloads to home and mobile devices in a much less restricted manner.

BT have the right idea with an affordable streaming box/Youview PVR.  They do need to get more digital delievery services onto it though.  Youtube, Google Play and Amazon Prime for starters would make it more compelling.

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 352 of 393

That's assuming you can get half decent broadband. I'm in the 41% of my part of Essex who can't get superfast. So no streaming multiple HD streams in the house, let alone any chance of UHD.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 353 of 393

Totally agree generalpostoffice
0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 354 of 393

Guys. I have just recieved my bill. They are giving the amc channel on demand for free not fox. Its now as a seperate line on your bill
0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 355 of 393

Considering there is next to nothing to watch on AMC that most people haven't already seen, they might as well give out chocolate fire guards for free.
Fox is going to be a big miss on BTTV.
0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 356 of 393

No for me mostly. Only the walking dead.
0 Ratings
walterwhite1
Contributor
Message 357 of 393

That's not the point. Its the advise been given or lies by BT customer service and the refusal to acknowledge this, plus mods insulting the forum members with confirmation of prices for episodes of twd. Why are BT doing for this? Unless they offer the new series for free via on demand, it is essentially sticking two fingers up to ALL BT customers. I am so incensed by this.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 358 of 393

The prices are to purchase which is a really good price
0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 359 of 393

There is no denying BT have let their customers down. First they lose Fox, they give a number for their customers to ring where different people are told different things. Then they say it's alright we will sell you the remaining episodes of TWD. Unbelievable ineptitude.
0 Ratings
Kimbrich6
Contributor
Message 360 of 393

I havent even had the email confirming its going yet!
0 Ratings