Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sohail579
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7390

Hi All

This is my first post so be gentle!!

I was using my BTOpenreach modem with my Draytek 2830Vn+.  Unfortunately the Draytek has now been refunded due to a fault and I'm back on my HomeHub3.

After much research I have found FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7390 to be a good replacement for both Modem and Router.

Can anyone confirm this will work with my BT Infinity line and does it perform better than the BT Supplied equipment?  How is the wireless perfromance and even the Ethernet Performance?

Also how long has this been out for is it worth waiting for a newer model?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 20

Re: FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7390

@sohail579 wrote:

Hi All

This is my first post so be gentle!!

I was using my BTOpenreach modem with my Draytek 2830Vn+.  Unfortunately the Draytek has now been refunded due to a fault and I'm back on my HomeHub3.

After much research I have found FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7390 to be a good replacement for both Modem and Router.

Can anyone confirm this will work with my BT Infinity line and does it perform better than the BT Supplied equipment?  How is the wireless perfromance and even the Ethernet Performance?

Also how long has this been out for is it worth waiting for a newer model?

Thanks!

Hi sohail579
 The fritz!box 7390 definitly works with Infinity, even with the factory firmware, you just set the VLAN to 101 and NO password needed. Even easier when using newer firmware.

Ethernet performance is just as good, wireless I found slightly weaker signal, but does have  simultaneous dual band wireless, so might help you there.

It is more expensive than the Draytek 2750, but does offer far more for the money.

Plug your phones into it, it is also a Dect base station, it has 5 answerphones, VOIP and many many more features.

That is why it is expensive.

If you have your phones connected mine did not give out Caller Indentification , although AVM say it should and are looking into it but after 2 months still not working.  Unfortunatly I cannot wait, I must have Caller ID and had to let mine go.

I believe it has been out for about 6-9 months.

So to sum up, if you really need all the fetures go for the Fritz, but remember (my caller ID) was not working

If you dont need all the features drop down to the Draytek 2750n and save a bit of money.

If you go for the Fritz , the cheapest place I could find for the International version was in France.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
sohail579
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Wow great writeup thanks for all the information.. as i have the £200+ refund for the draytek im happy to put all of that in to a router im swaying more and more to the fritz!box although there isnt much information on the net about it!

Dows anyone else have any expirence with the Fritz!Box 7390?

Thanks again toekneem

p.s toekneem what is the username is it just my telephone number?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 20

@sohail579 wrote:

Wow great writeup thanks for all the information.. as i have the £200+ refund for the draytek im happy to put all of that in to a router im swaying more and more to the fritz!box although there isnt much information on the net about it!

Dows anyone else have any expirence with the Fritz!Box 7390?

Thanks again toekneem

p.s toekneem what is the username is it just my telephone number?

Hi.

The username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com

This is the best forum that I can find for info:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/82?g=295 there is an overseas thread.

The Fritz!box does have a great admin pages with lots of configuration and plenty of stats for you to look at. Easy to upgrade the firmware as well.

There are a couple of other users on here with a Fritz, but its not as common as the Draytek.

This is the cheapest I could find:  http://www.momilc.com/

I think I ordered Thursday evening, it was delivered Monday from France

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
sohail579
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Thats exactily how i used to setup my Draytek 2830Vn but that was through WAN but i now want to use the Fritz!Box as a modem is it still the same settings?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 20

Disconnect HH and OR modem.

Yes it was PPPOe , the Username, password(blank) VLAN 101.

I was using beta firmware at the time with these settings:

Fritzbox admin pages "OVERVIEW/INTERNET/ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

Under the SETTINGS Tab:
CONNECTION: Internet connection Via DSL
OPERATING MODE: Use one Internet connection for all computers (router)
ACCOUNT INFORMATION: Account information required (PPPoE/PPPoA connection)

CONNECTION SETTINGS:
User name is: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password is left blank

Maintain Internet connection permanently is checked

Delay disconnection by provider to the period between etc Turn this Off.

Clear Internet connection automatically after . This is UNCHECKED.

Prioritization of the network devices requires data about the speed of your DSL line:
Set the speeds of the DSL line automatically is CHECKED.

Under VLAN Settings:
Use VLAN for Internet access is CHECKED with a VLAN of 101 entered by me.

DSL ATM Settings:
These were left at default settings, which was define the settings.

PPoE
I have tried the setting DETECT here, but it goes back to Define the settings
and last of all:
Check the Internet connection after "Apply" has been clicked.

Connection was established.

I have also enabled support for IPv6.

[edit] If you have a android or (iphone) there is an app in the market place (FritzFon app) which allows you to use your mobile through your home phone line while you are within range of course. Not sure how good it is because I did not use it too often. Just set your mobilke up in the admin pages.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
sohail579
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

thanks again you have been a great help toekneem i think i may get the fritz!box,

how are http://www.momilc.com/ with customer service? is the English good?

also is the international version same as the UK Version?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 20

From that site, there is Live chat if you want or you can email, so use either to confirm for your own sake that the International version is okay for the UK, that way you get the proper power supply . So confirm with them that you are in The UK.

Like I said I ordered Thurs afternoon and it was delivered Monday. I have heard of others saying he is good.

Occasionally he drops the price by a few euro's.

I think his name is Mohammed.

[edit] I will add, it can also be wall mounted

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
sohail579
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

thanks toekneem have been waiting for a reply on a mail since yesterday and still no reply and the live chat is still unavailable.  Will have to wait and see what reply i get maybe they are closed today!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 20

Yes just looked at the live chat:

Sorry, but our operators are not available at the moment. Please fill in the form below and our operator will contact you as soon as possible.

Price wise I would advise waiting for him, ebay was far too much.

[edit] If you can't wait, you can try this from Germany:

http://www.fotemia.co.uk/avm/fritz-box-fon-wlan-7390/?utm_source=googlebase-co-uk&utm_medium=psm&utm... inclusive of shipping and VAT £194.63, but know nothing about them, so make sure you get a UK socket/International one.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings