cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam0718
Message 31 of 39

Re: FTP Access

Try using Auto FTP Manager.  It has a test connection feature that  will give you the exact reason for your connection problem.  Download it here: http://www.deskshare.com/ftp-client.aspx

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 39

Hi.

HH3, Windows 7 x64bit Ultimate and ftp works with no problems using the HomeHub3 , Straight out of the box.

Tried Filezilla , FlashFXP and others, no need to set up port forwarding etc.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
brewster0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 39

I can't access my Dlink DNS320 remotely through the Homehub 2.0

I've concluded I am either not clever enough Smiley Sad , or the home hub 2.0 refuses to play ball with me.

0 Ratings
twilliam2
Message 34 of 39

I had a problem with FTP access after upgrading to BT Infinity.

What should happen with FTP is that the router and firewall software knows an outgoing FTP connection is being setup, so when the incoming IP session request is received, it can associate the IP address for the outgoing session with it.  BT Infinity has somehow not implemented this fairly standard feature.

The solution to this is to switch your FTP client into PASV mode which means all the file transfer happens on the same IP session as the requests and acknowledgments.  With modern networks, this is not the problem it used to be on 30 bit per second dial up lines which is when the FTP protocol was originally created.

So look around in your FTP settings for network or for the server you are connecting to and tick the PASV box and your problems should be sorted without having to do NAT translation and the other complicated suggestions. 

Of course if you are running an FTP server, it won't be as simple as that - then you will need the more complex solutions.

0 Ratings
subair37
Contributor
Message 35 of 39

Hi Friend

I am having same issue in accessing to my ftp i can login  no problems  but then it says failed to retrieving the directory , every thing was working fine till today morning , but in the evening i find that i cannote access the files inside my ftp directory as it only lots me login but then says failed to retriev the directory 

I am on infinity 2 i got vdsl modem and home hub 3 i believe , my operating system is win 7 home premium x64 bit.some one please help me 

Can Racing line offer me any advice or help ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 39

you are unlikely to get a reply from the original posters as this is a 3year old post
0 Ratings
Wigglet
Contributor
Message 37 of 39

Well you're still here John...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 39

@subair37 wrote:

I am having same issue in accessing to my ftp i can login  no problems  but then it says failed to retrieving the directory , every thing was working fine till today morning , but in the evening i find that i cannote access the files inside my ftp directory as it only lots me login but then says failed to retriev the directory 

I am on infinity 2 i got vdsl modem and home hub 3 i believe , my operating system is win 7 home premium x64 bit.some one please help me 

Can Racing line offer me any advice or help ?

Yes, sorry, old thread, but... I previously contributed to this thread back in 2011 (on page 3) and at that time I had no problem connecting to external FTP servers using my HH3 / Infinity service.

@However, over the last few weeks I appear to be having exactly the same problems as both @RacingLine and @subair37 above. This appears to have coincided with a HH3 firmware update on 19/03/2014 (Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.37 (Type A)) - although I can't confirm that exactly.

Like RacingLine I can still connect using FileZilla - but only on the second attempt. On the first attempt it times out after 20 seconds. The second attempt connects immediately (even if I wait a while before trying). Admittedly this was just an annoyance at first, so I've tolerated it over the last few weeks. Today I decided to look into it further and have discovered that it appears to be more of a serious/fundamental problem related to the HH/Infinity.

At first I thought it was a problem with my main webhost, but it is with ALL FTP servers. (I develop websites and connect to lots of different FTP servers.)

I have tried different FTP clients, but I can only connect through FileZilla (and only on the second attempt).

I have disabled anti-virus and all firewalls (Windows and HH itself) - no change. Tried different machines (different OS) on the same LAN and I get the same problem. The only common element being the HH3/Infinity.

If I take the HH3/Infinity out of the equation and connect to a different network (eg. tethered to my Android phones mobile network) then I have no problem! I can connect immediately to every FTP server on any FTP client!

I have restarted and been through the settings on the HH3 - it looks OK. I notice that there are now settings related to IPv6 - I assume these have come about through the recent update. (?)

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 39

0 Ratings