cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

FTP Upload via BT Home Hub 3

Hi. has anyone ever successfully managed to do an ftp upoad via a BT Home Hub? I cannot get it to work on my HomeHub3.

I've tried selecting ftp for the machine I'm using in the port forwarding configuration, allowed all traffic in both directions through the router firewall and switched off windows firewall - and stil no success.

I'm using Filezilla. I can connect and logon to the ftp server, but can't get a proper data connection - so directory listing fails and I can't initiate a file upload.

Very frustrating.....Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTP Upload via BT Home Hub 3

You should be able to connect to ftp servers and download and upload content, without any port forwarding.

If you are trying to ftp into your PC from outside your network, then its more involved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I should be able to - but i can't!!

More information as to how to get this working please!!!

I'm trying to ftp from my PC on my BT Home Hub to an external ftp server.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Have you tried FireFtp, which is an addon for Firefox?

I have a HH1 here, and it works fine, but I think that some ftp programs open too many threads at once, which overloads the home hub 3, especially if you are using wireless to connect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

I use Filllzilla and it works OK with both my local ( 192.168.x.x ) ftp connections and external connections.

It may be that you are "not authorised" to use ftp on the external server, hence no listings or perhaps the external server uses a different port from the usual: A lot of webhosting services work this way.

If so you need something like [ftp://fred@111.111.111.1:111] in your quickconnect in Filezilla.

I'm assuming that you can connect via ftp locally.

Cheers..   Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

I have HH3 and i can FTP using Filezilla ok. Never changed any Hub settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

@Hackmuss wrote:

Hi. has anyone ever successfully managed to do an ftp upoad via a BT Home Hub? I cannot get it to work on my HomeHub3.

I've tried selecting ftp for the machine I'm using in the port forwarding configuration, allowed all traffic in both directions through the router firewall and switched off windows firewall - and stil no success.

I'm using Filezilla. I can connect and logon to the ftp server, but can't get a proper data connection - so directory listing fails and I can't initiate a file upload.

Very frustrating.....Smiley Frustrated

This may be a long shot but have you got Web Address Help set to "enable"? See http://preferences.webaddresshelp.bt.com/selfcare/preferences.cgi  If so, try "disable".

Michael
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

This worked a treat. I've been without FTP for several months and having to go to other places to use FTP. Setting the help pages to disabled is the answer.

Many thanks

Steve

0 Ratings