cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: FTTC 80meg trials query..when and if BT will announce?

@pauldavies1980 wrote:
I think the problems with the 40mb/s service needs to be ironed out before we start doubling it 🙂

Paul, sorry about your problems, but ony a small percentage of customers are having problems.

That is not a good enough reason to halt an upgraded service.

How long have we had ADSL, people still have problems, shouldn't stop ADSL MAX /ADLS2 and +.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 17

A lot of the trials are kept as quiet affairs and often happen without anyone really knowing about them, mainly as they might be in limited areas, use BT staff and maybe a small select group of customers etc..

Often for commercial reasons you can't ask to go on the trials, but sometimes they will advertise them is the areas they are happening. The FTTP trials are the best known but even then they were kept quiet and other services are still being trialled over the fibre which are not ready for a widespread trial just yet.

The FTTC 80/20 upgrade sounds to me like it's already been trialed and coming to the point of deployment so it could be that BT Retail have had enough feedback. (I'm guessing but seems to fit)

No help really but it might explain why you can't find anything out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Hey toekneem,

Sorry, I didn't word it correctly, what i was thinking is i want sort my connection problems out before I look at upgrading to faster BB. It's been a long day and i'm sure you have had them moments when you type something completley the opposite to what you mean... I'm all for faster BB and all I can say is bring it on! 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 17

@pauldavies1980 wrote:

Hey toekneem,

Sorry, I didn't word it correctly, what i was thinking is i want sort my connection problems out before I look at upgrading to faster BB. It's been a long day and i'm sure you have had them moments when you type something completley the opposite to what you mean... I'm all for faster BB and all I can say is bring it on! 🙂

Yes I get plenty of them days.

I see from your other post that you have an engineer coming tomorrow, well lets hope its a better day tomorrow.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 15 of 17

It is an "up to" %) connection Smiley Very Happy

I left them at the right time. I'm still active on their forum and can see the instances of "overutilisation" are happening more regularly and aking longer to relieve.

Ooooooooops a bit late with this reply to jcampy!Smiley Sad

But to add they knew from day one the could do it but they had to get the permissions. No trial for it needed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between BT and Openreach? Will my BT credentials work on the OR page?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 17

Openreach is treated as a seperate company, and sorry,no your credentials will not work to log you in.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings