cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

FTTC 80meg trials query..when and if BT will announce?

This is really aimed at the moderators so I'm not really asking users to get their crystal ball out Smiley Wink

With other ISP's now offering places for the 80/20 FTTC Trials, does anyone have any idea if BT will be running such trials with their own Infinity users, and if so how to do we go about requesting to be trialist?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: FTTC 80meg trials query..when and if BT will announce?

I don't think they are doing trials on 80/20 fttc, it has been announced that it will be available in 2012.

Already people are showing that they are on the new profile.

This is my view and not that of a mod or BT in general.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 17

Bit of info from THIS POST and it's Openreach link.

"The DSLAM profile changes will be competed in November 2011 - January 2012. A draft, top level DSLAM
migration plan is available in the NGA Secure Area of the Openreach portal".

CP pilot of the 80/20 product.
• We intend to pilot the product variant in January 2012 - March
In support of the pilot activity, from Monday 21st November 2011, following deployment of EMP Release 1800,
the 80/20 product variant will only be available on lines on which eMLC estimates a downstream speed of
15Mbit/s or more and an upstream speed of 5Mbit/s or more.

Maybe something will happen soon for "some" BT customers.... a few who have replaced their BT equipment and therefore can see their router stats, have noticed a profile setting change 17a already. However the 40Mbps cap is still in place.

These may be the lucky few to get unleashed soon.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 17

i doubt they need to do a trial as its not new technology there are just uncapping the speeds the only thing that will be tested is the cab to exchange links on the busyer cabs as these may get congested

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 17

There won't be a trial for the upgrade to 80mps service, the only thing we don't know is if it's going to be offered as a seperate service or if those already on Infinity will be "autoupgraded" or not.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 17

I think the problems with the 40mb/s service needs to be ironed out before we start doubling it 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 17

@pauldavies1980 wrote:
I think the problems with the 40mb/s service needs to be ironed out before we start doubling it 🙂

Depends what problems you are on about Paul.

Unlike Virgin Media (I'm an ex customer) the OR network has the capacity and more if necessary.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 17

I've never been in a virgin area so have not experienced it....I'd love to get 80 mbs when it's rolled out just feel I need to sort what I have out.. I think they change the frequency of the lines to get double out of existing copper
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 17

That's more or less correct Paul but the ability has always been there in the first place, they just needed the permissions to do it.

**bleep** stupid if you ask me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 17

@pauldavies1980 wrote:
I've never been in a virgin area so have not experienced it....I'd love to get 80 mbs when it's rolled out just feel I need to sort what I have out.. I think they change the frequency of the lines to get double out of existing copper

yep they use the allmost the fully fequrency range the vdsl2 can use

"Depends what problems you are on about Paul.

Unlike Virgin Media (I'm an ex customer) the OR network has the capacity and more if necessary."

yep i know the problems of the VM network from falily and friends not me personally cant get VM round here but 13mb on a %)mb package is bad and that is a 50mb package not a up to one

0 Ratings