Did you mean: 
Highlighted
D2MX91
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

FTTC Area

Go to solution

Hi

My exchange says it's enabled for FTTC/FTTP however my cabinet doesnt appear to have been upgraded. ( Exchange was activated sep 2012) is there a way i can find when it will be upgraded?

My Exchange is LVSEF ( Cabinet P22 I believe)

Cabinet Distance is probably about 300 Metres or less

DSYNC is 19.1Mbps

USYNC is 1.2Mbps

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: FTTC Area

Go to solution

Hi D2MX91,

have you tried http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ 

type your postcode into there and if it comes up with a pin on the map then that suggests it is taking longer than usual for your cabinet to be upgraded and extra work needs to be done.

If this is the case, send an email to nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask them what the current situation is with your cabinet, they will be able to give you an update. 

Your adsl speeds seem really good, you must be quite close to the exchange. 

Let me know how you get on with that link.

Best Wishes,

Dominic. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

The other link to try is for the BT Wholesale site HERE//

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Both the links given give good information.

The superfast-openreach will give info on whether cabinet needs extra work or not and the ADSL checker will give information on your particular line.

You are looking for anything that states WBC FTTC. When this comes up on the ADSL checker then you know there is some timescale of when FTTC will be available on your cabinet.

It should also give an estimated date of activation on your cabinet, but please note that these dates are subject to change. 

Best Wishes,

Dominic.

0 Ratings
D2MX91
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

Thank you for the replies much appreciated,

I have tried several sites the BT openreach one saying accepting orders. that adsl checker does not list FTTC, i will as Dom suggested send an email and hopefully have some better luck 🙂

0 Ratings
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Glad I could help you. 

0 Ratings
neil8471
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Hi can someone help please our immediate estates around us and right next to us are all fibre optic enabled and we are not. They are on cabinet 37 on the Pendleton exchange however we are on cabinet 57 which is not why is ours not upgraded yet and when will it happen? So frustrating that someone over the road is getting it and we are not. Have we just been forgotten about? We are a new estate 7 years old but the new estate right next to us is too and they have it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Within an exchange area there will be some customers who can't get BT Infinity. There are several reasons why this could be the case:

Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet.
Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable BT Infinity service.
Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.
So, even though you may be within an enabled exchange area, it's possible that your particular line may not be able to have BT Infinity yet

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

My estate was built in 2006 and the local council have only just got around to finalise the necessary land adoption which had stopped Openreach doing any fibre work.

0 Ratings
neil8471
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
Hi there our estate was also built in 2006 too and our estate still belongs to the developer , however the cabinet is on the main road outside the estate would this cause a problem with planning permission, what I mean is the main road has always been there but the green cabinet was newly put there once estate was built??
0 Ratings