Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlpetley
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

FTTC Cabinet for EO Lines in Molesworth

Go to solution

Connecting Cambridgeshire has recently commissioned OpenReach to install a new FTTC cabinet in the village of Molesworth to switch over the Exchange Only lines and enable superfast broadband, something we've been promised for 3 years.  I recently received notification that the cabinet had been enabled for my area but when checking found that I couldn't upgrade and the status was still EO Line pending.

I raised this with Connecting Cambridgeshire who has spoken to OpenReach and they have been given the line "some properties were accidently missed" with no indication of timelines for correction.  Further checks show that all village property addresses with the postcode PE28 0QD are not able to order, yet all properties with the postcode PE28 0QF and PE28 0QH can order.  

When the cabinet was being installed the engineers were working at the pole connection point that my telephone line runs from, so I'm certain the physical connection has been established.  The fact that the 'failures' appear limited to postcode addresses PE28 0QD suggests to me that this is more the case of OpenReach's database not being correctly updated rather than physical connections not being made. The problem is I cannot get any acknowledgement that that this is something potentially easily remedied. 

Is there any way this issue can be given focus with OpenReach through the forum as Connecting Cambridgeshire appear to have been given the run around...?

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: FTTC Cabinet for EO Lines in Molesworth

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. You would need to continue to pursue this through Connecting Cambridgeshire and Openreach.

0 Ratings
jlpetley
Beginner
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

But I am a BT customer and OpenReach is a BT company?  Previous posts that involved problems with OpenReach's database have been resolved through the assistance of BTCare forum champions?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution
Hopefully a moderator will be along shortly to offer their assistance.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

@jlpetley wrote:

But I am a BT customer and OpenReach is a BT company?  Previous posts that involved problems with OpenReach's database have been resolved through the assistance of BTCare forum champions?

Has the cabinet been installed in Molesworth, as it has been for Old Weston, or outside the Bythorn exchange ?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

Looks to be a records issue. Check this out image.png

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Write to openreach and see if you can get database updated  if you get an auto reply then send again until you get reply from an actual person 

https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?id=7214&embed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
jlpetley
Beginner
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks Webby.  I've a call with OpenReach that is doing the rounds.  I'm sensing it could be a DB update issue, although when the engineer was installing the box he did say that it only had had a card sufficent for 50 properties, i.e. half the village.  At the time the assumption was that this would only be an issue if and when people signed up.  Perhaps this is a physical limitation for switching over EO Lines and frustrating as such boxes have capacity for 288 (I believe) connections. 

0 Ratings
jlpetley
Beginner
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks imjolly.  Yes I've a call with OpenReach although to date they have just referred me back to the checker that tells me what I already know, i.e. 'pending EO Line technology".

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution
The 50 ports thing will just be the initial line card. Current take up of FTTC services is only around 20% so if you have a cabinet that serves 200 lines, at the moment expected take up will only be about 40 lines. Of course once the initial line card hits capacity, Openreach will add another. I think you need to chase up the records issue, perhaps the moderators on here can help. I know they've had success in the past.