cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

FTTC DLM Reset

I recently had a fault with my line and a Openreach Enginner vsisted. A wiring fault was found in the cabinet down the road. My line stats are now much improved, but I'm seem to be stuck on a reduced profile which was a result of the previous poor line quaility.

I asked the Engineer about doing a DLM reset to get me be back on a Open Profile. He said this would be done, but so far this does not seem to have happened. The modem has had no dropped conections since his visit.

How can I get the DLM reset?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTC DLM Reset

The only way is by an engineer calling up when on site and requesting it be done.

If that's not happened, then you either need to wait for DLM to release the line, or arrange another engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

You could be waiting a long time if your line has been banded. I've yet to see evidence of DLM removing banding once imposed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

It does seem a rediculios system!

One minute I'm getting just below 40/10, now I'm on 25/5!

There's nothoing wrong with my equipment or wiring, but a fault in the Openreach network and now the DLM has permanelty applied the wrong banding.

Surely it's not his bad?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

My line was banded in early March due to unexplained instability on my line which disappeared as fast as it came. I am still banded despite a DLM reset that was performed when I upgraded to the 55/10 product in April. There appears to be 2 levels of DLM reset, one of which does not remove banding.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I had a line fault about a month ago which entailed several engineer callouts and resulted in a banded profile. Contacted UK BT live chat and sent out a 'broadband boost engineer' next day. Engineers aren't normally dispatched just for DLM resets however I suppose it helped that I had an existing fault reference.

Do note the engineer requested a DLM reset at my premises whilst on his mobile, the first attempt didn't increase sync much, still was stuck.  On the 2nd attempt it actually took someone at the DCoE to arrange a physical disconnect and reconnect of my line card for DLM to fully reset.

Cheers

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings