cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

FTTC Deployed means what extactly?

Well the Hardwicke exchange is now live (some parts can order) but Kingsway which is connected to Hardwicke still has March 2012. I've had a walk around the large housing estate and it seems that there's only one BT infinity cabinet (and around 5-6 old style ones) so I can't see us getting it fast! The spreadsheet says it has been deployed but there definately isn't a Infinity cabinet next to P28. I can only find a new Infinity cabinet for {SSHWK}{P26}. I know this may sound silly but deployed means what exactly?

SAU_ID

Name

Postcode

SAU_NODE_ID

Exchange Only Flag

Percent Lines

Uplift

Phase

Deployed

FTTC or FTTP

SSHWKHARDWICKEGL22BS{SSHWK}{P28}020%2.776bYesFTTC

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTC Deployed means what extactly?

It basically means that your cabinet will be upgraded (or the data from whenever the spreadsheet was produced had it as going to be upgraded.

There's no information on what dates are related to what phases, I think they're up to phase 9a or 9b now! only 20% of lines in that postcode are fed from cabinet 28 though
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Finger's x'd that I'm connected to the one with the Infinity cabinet then!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Dates moved again. Now June 30th. What a bunch of incompetence t055ers!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

@flyerguy wrote:

Well the Hardwicke exchange is now live (some parts can order) but Kingsway which is connected to Hardwicke still has March 2012. I've had a walk around the large housing estate and it seems that there's only one BT infinity cabinet (and around 5-6 old style ones) so I can't see us getting it fast! The spreadsheet says it has been deployed but there definately isn't a Infinity cabinet next to P28. I can only find a new Infinity cabinet for {SSHWK}{P26}. I know this may sound silly but deployed means what exactly?

SAU_ID

Name

Postcode

SAU_NODE_ID

Exchange Only Flag

Percent Lines

Uplift

Phase

Deployed

FTTC or FTTP

SSHWKHARDWICKEGL22BS{SSHWK}{P28}020%2.776bYesFTTC

Guys...I asked this on another forum and the answer was that the Phases are roughly quarterly as per this link:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4104424-re-new-exchange-rollout-list.html

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The end of quarter dates are place holders.

You might find that the cab will go live much before then. But if there are delays, which are often out of Openreach's control, then it may be delayed further.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

First December 30th 2011, then March 31st 2012, then June 30th 2012 and now 30th September 2012. To say I’m annoyed is an understatement.

BT are a bunch of complete t0553rs (I should know as they are one of our main WAN suppliers).

Oh before Webby etal (no offence) says planning permission, no it's not, before you say it's power/infracture reasons, no it's not. It's a new(ish) 5 year old estate and when BT looked at the rollout they overlooked our estate as it only had a few houses on (fair enough a few years ago). Now it now has over 1000 houses.

But what gets my goat up is they keep changing the dates giving people false hope of getting Infinity. Just remove it from the database and say "Not Available".

BT how are you still in business?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 8

@Webby wrote:

There's no information on what dates are related to what phases, I think they're up to phase 9a or 9b now! 

I thought we were only going into phase 8a/b and phase 9 is next year, hard to tell to be honest. 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings