cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skaggaranx
Message 1 of 5

FTTC availability

Hello!

I am connected to the Altrincham exchange, more specifically cabinet 72... but the information I am getting from various "checkers" online to see when I will be able to get FTTC suggests that I am "not part of a phase".

My exchange is currently accepting orders so does this mean that my cabinet is basically just being ignored when it comes to the "roll out" of superfast broadband?

If I am indeed "not part of a phase", when should I expect to be "part of a phase"?  And when should I expect that phase to be completed?  Presumably I am looking at a long wait.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTC availability

Unfortunately if you arent part of a phase your cabinet is not currently on the plan to be upgraded. Your cabinet might eventually be upgraded but unfortunately there are some cabinets where it makes no commerical sense to upgrade eg there are too few properties connected to it. There is an email address in some of the other threads nga.enquires@openreach.co.uk or similar its worth dropping them an email.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Your cab (pcp) may not be commercialy viable to upgrade to super fast broadband however many that were missed off by openreach are being done by broadband delivery UK. Ask your country council what their plans are.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Skaggaranx
Message 4 of 5

Thanks!

Super fast broadband would be amazing, in fact just fast broadband would be delightful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

send an email to Openreach 

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

Openreach will email you back but may take a week or so and give you information on your line and if infinity will be available and estimated date

0 Ratings