cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

FTTC finally happening??

Hi. I live in a small village in the countryside with pretty shocking speeds of about 4mbps down and 0.2 up. According to the openreach website we are in the build stage for fibre optic. Although it's been stuck on that for 2 and a half years.... But today I noticed there's some spray paint next to the old cabinet as if designating a spot for the new cabinet. And further down the road there are BT vans with huge rolls of cable feeding underground. But they aren't coming towards the cabinet. If anything they seem closer to another cabinet. But every other cabinet in the village has already been upgraded so surely it means my cabinet is finally getting upgraded?? Can anyone help me out here?? Desperate to get fibre optic as I've been suffering these speeds for too long.

Thanks for any help
Dan
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: FTTC finally happening??

What's your postcode?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Sy12 9lx
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Build.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Yeah I already said that on my Original post?? I'm not asking for someone to do what I've already done 1000 times. I want to know if what I've described sounds like BT are laying fibre to my cabinet or not. Don't need someone to put my postcode into the openreach checker. It's said 5 months for the last 2 years....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 8

You could always ask one of the Openreach engineers that is doing the work? Though it does sound like it is

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

There's nothing showing on the roadworks.org site just yet for the installation of the cabinet, however, on my cabinet, the fibre was blown to the nearest joint box some 6 months before the cab appeared.

The spraypaint was on the ground about 12 months.

That said, this is a BDUK funded cabinet and is expected to go live in August. That is if no problems arise.

The best you can do is keep an eye on roadworks.org, you'll see a BT notification for when work is due to start.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yeah the cabinet was planned to be upgraded end of March and the roadworks were cancelled the day before it started. Very frustrating especially as the other 2 cabinets have already been live for some while now. Either way thanks for your help!
0 Ratings