Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jb68
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

FTTC, how much longer?

Go to solution

Hi,

BT installed a Fibre Cabient beside my telephone in November, Noticed today and yesterday, they have been at the cabient doing stuff inside it, i don't know, dsl checker shows 31 May 14 and I did email openreach and got a reply last month saying Feb 2014. 

Do you think it will be soon that I'll be able to order it, heard many stories of delays etc, so I am not sure.

I know it's a big process for FTTC but I can feel it will be soon.

Does the BT infinity/dslchecker update quick when it's available or would I need to phone.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTC, how much longer?

Go to solution
You can't order until the dslchecker says it's available to you.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

The BT infinity checker is normally updated within days of a cabinet going live.

jb68
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks, I'll keep checking everyday, progress looking good 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Rather than constantly checking yourself, simply read this post, sign up to a page watching service(like this), and insert a URL with your phone number. You will then be automatically notified when the BT checker is changed i.e. when your cabinet goes live.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
jb68
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@legitimise_sailing wrote:

Rather than constantly checking yourself, simply read this post, sign up to a page watching service(like this), and insert a URL with your phone number. You will then be automatically notified when the BT checker is changed i.e. when your cabinet goes live.

Awesome, that is a great idea!

0 Ratings
jb68
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

How long left? FTTC Install and Availability

Go to solution

Hi,

I was wondering how long left (estimate) that I can finally! order BT Infinity.

The FTTC cabient was install in November and I've noticed BT been at the cabient a few times.

However recently, I saw a electric company on Friday doing something to it, guess putting power to it.

Roughly how long after this (i take it BT will have to do something to it first) before its ready.

dslchecker says 31 May 14, however i've had emails from Openreach, end of Feb and the latest email saying end of March it should be ready. I take it 31 May 14 is just a placeholder date for delays etc.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Re: How long left? FTTC Install and Availability

Go to solution

It can take months from when the cabinet is installed and then fully commissioned. You just need to keep checking to see when your cabinet has been up graded.

If you use this checker it will tell when the cabinet has been upgraded and what services it can receive

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
jb68
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Re: How long left? FTTC Install and Availability

Go to solution
Just an update,

The Cabinet came live on the 29th April 14 and it should be completed on the 13th May 14.

Estimated speeds are 75-80, so I hope i can get that, no more 5mbits internet 🙂

0 Ratings