cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amunre
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

FTTC when and if will my line be enabled

I am still struggling with less than 1.5 Mbps for over 3 years now. I have been able to ascertain that there are certain cabinets served by Lisbellaw exchange that are FTTC enabled. My line is apparently served by cabinet 5 which is not FTTC enabled. It seems that my line is too long to gain any benefit from fibre to the cabinet and therefore I will be stuck with a lousy speed forever and a day. I have seen words to the effect "we are looking at alternative solutions". What those solutions are, nobody seems to know. I wonder if there are any experts out there who might know what these "alternative solutions" might be. Of course it's impossible for a mere consumer to speak directly with anyone in Openreach.

“Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later.”
Mary Bly
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTC when and if will my line be enabled

Can you put your number into here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up a copy of the results including the exchange and cabinet number please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Cabinet 5 on that exchange was enabled in 2011.

If you're too far from the cab then perhaps in future you may see some FTTrN or FTTP.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

All you can do is pester your local BDUK delivery project and your elected representatives.

Similar situation promised improvements six years ago, cabinet enabled a few years ago, but too far for it it be of any use. Have seen planning application for an infill cabinet, but that will still be at least 3km.

0 Ratings