Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuartch
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

FTTH debacle

Hi all,

You are my last hope to save my sanity.

I ordered FTTH (or FTTP as it was) in May 2015 (yes 2015!) and STILL have not received the order.

Due to the ridiculous nature of the whole fiasco I cancelled the order and placed a new order which was running smoothly until the planned engineer visit on the 20th Sep. I received no visit and when looking online at my account I see it was 'cancelled' (obviously without any notification at all)

I have since spent the last week trying to either find a reason for the cancelled visit or a reappointment. As I am a FTTH customer no-one seems capable of assisting me or updating me on the order. I finally found a number - 0800 587 4787 - which I called several times this evening and after an initial recorded hello message, the line just goes dead.

This would be a laughable matter if only it wasn't happening to me.

Can anyone out there help or recommended a number/email/anything to help get this finally resolved. The online help team are frankly as good as useless, seemingly like the rest of BT after this experience.

Regards,

Stuart

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
neiltwist
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: FTTH debacle

I have found that by starting an online chat and saying it's FTTH, they will ring you and put you through to the right team.

Otherwise, I believe the number you said, 0800 587 4787, should work. I'm fairly sure I've got through on it before.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

It is possible that the FTTH sales team only work office hours due to it being such a rare beast on the network. Try ringing during the day.

0 Ratings
neiltwist
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Yes, that's definitely the case.
0 Ratings
DSLAMdunkin
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Hello Stuartch

Was your original order for FTTP or FTTPoD, please?

0 Ratings
neiltwist
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Just to confirm, I got through to someone on 0800 587 4787 earlier, but I believe they only work until 8pm.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@DSLAMdunkin wrote:

Hello Stuartch

Was your original order for FTTP or FTTPoD, please?

FTToD is a totally different beast and the OP would be paying thousands for the install.

0 Ratings
DSLAMdunkin
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Hello Pippincp

Of course - but the description (nothing from May 2015) would fall within the 'stop / sell' period for FTTPoD, so just for clarity...

0 Ratings
Stuartch
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Thanks all for the assistance

I called the number and am currently in a queue for 'order management' to progress with the order.

This is just a standard FTTH order so thought it would be straightforward.

Will let you know if anyone ever answers the line.......

0 Ratings
Stuartch
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Well what a job BT have done, I finally managed to speak to someone who said BT Openreach cancelled the order. I said for what reason and the reply was, "it could have been numerous reasons" - I then queries when they were going to tell me to which I received no reply at all. Well done BT on a job well done
0 Ratings