cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

FTTP 3rd Party Router Setting Please - for Asus DSL-N66U or similar

It's coming up to 3 months since I placed my order for FTTP but with luck, I'll have a new connection within the next three weeks or so.  Originally it was going to include digital voice, which meant having to use the SmartHub 2 but now (for reasons too tedious to detail) it's going to be fibre for broadband and copper for voice.

This means I can leave the SH2 in its box and stick with my trusty Asus DSL-N66U, compete with it's sub networks, multiple WiFi acounts, DDNS and all the system config I've accrued over the years.  I'll only use the SH2 if I can't acheive the contracted speed.

I assume all I need to do is switch from the DSL port to the WAN port and use the correct WAN settings instead of the DSL values I have for FTTC?

Can anyone tell me what settings I need please and also, what ID and password I need for the Hawawei ONT recently hung on my wall?  Values like WAN connection type, UPnP, Encapsulation Mode and so on.

Many thanks, I

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: FTTP 3rd Party Router Setting Please - for Asus DSL-N66U or similar

@ChunkyTheCurmudgeon  I don’t use ASUS myself but you’ll need to set it up using PPPoE and these details are generic - username bthomehub@btbroadband.com  password BT (password can be anything).  I’m not aware of any way or need to access the ONT itself.