Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dja1000
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

FTTP / FTTH

Hi

Our original connection agreeement expires next month and i was researching my options, houses on our street have FTTH but ours was not enabled with the intial role out, but it turns out that in the last 12 months my house is available for this service, my question is have bt stopped the 160/330mbs as an option?  If they have do other ISP's offer this?:-

Capture.PNG

I will be gutted if the technology is available to my address, but no product is available! 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 14

Re: FTTP / FTTH

Hi dja1000

BT Consumer still have their BT Infinity 3 and 4 service for those who are in a FTTP area which you can view here: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/new-fttp-copper.html?

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
dja1000
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Turns out just because I have it available they will not sell it to me, no wonder the take up level of fttp is so low and expensive

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

The checker says available but BT dor whater reason have decided not to offer at present but if you are at end of contract you can shop around and see if anyone else will sell you FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 14

@imjolly wrote:
The checker says available but BT dor whater reason have decided not to offer at present but if you are at end of contract you can shop around and see if anyone else will sell you FTTP

That's FTTPoD.

Give the dedicated FTTP sales team a ring on 0800 587 4787. They will be able to advise you.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

@pippincp wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

That's FTTPoD.

Give the dedicated FTTP sales team a ring on 0800 587 4787. They will be able to advise you.

My reply was based on the OP post saying he had tried to order and BT has said not selling at present. i am well aware they are not selling FTTPod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 14

I wish I had a job with the FTTP sales team then. You are the one that stated they have decided not to sell it, not the OP.

He was asking if they sell it.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

@dja1000 wrote:

Turns out just because I have it available they will not sell it to me, no wonder the take up level of fttp is so low and expensive

Did i read it wrong. 'They wil not sell it to me'. Does that mean something different?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 9 of 14

"BT dor whater reason have decided not to offer at present."

'They wil not sell it to me'

You can't see the difference in the 2 statements?

Have a quick look at this thread.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Both mean BT will not sell it. Maybe OP didn't try the right people

0 Ratings