Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
br1cee
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

FTTP How Long Until I Can Order

Go to solution

Hi,

Our street has had been chosen to have FTTP installed and the Openreach engineers have been and wirded the street and also connected my house to the street network.  Unfortunately I was on holiday when the work was finished so didn't get a chance to speak to the engineer.  If I put my postcode and/or phone number into BT search options it doesnt register that the house is ready for FTTP, does anyone know how long it takes for BT to update this?  The Openreach engineers told a neighbour that, that was them finsihed what they had to do and it was upto the Broadband providers now.

Regards,

Brian

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP How Long Until I Can Order

Go to solution

have you tried FTTP team 0800 587 4787.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
br1cee
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I've tried twice and they said that there records showed that FTTP wasnt available yet but couldnt tell me when it would be.  Will keep trying every week or so.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

well the works for mine were finished in June/July and i couldnt order until the 1st week of September (finally completed Sunday gone after previous order cancelled)

Obviously this could be different in times but even though the work is done at your end there could still be works going on at the Exchange or it is waiting to be signed off still. the answer can vary greatly just like the times to wait. It was most likely contractors that you spoke to as i understand Openreach themselves dont actually do the Fibre works to enable FTTP (they just maintain, install and repair)

I was informed previously that Openreach update their "when and Where" page every Friday and sure enough after multiple Friday checks i was greeted to a "you can order" status

Im afraid its a waiting game as even the FTTP Team wont be able to give you an answer other than "there is no fibre in your area yet" (even though i could clearly see there was)

So hang in there, check every Friday and it will come 🙂

br1cee
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the info, looks like i'm in the final stages at least. 🙂

0 Ratings