Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 26

Re: FTTP - How do you order it ?

I rather suspect the BT corporate lawyers are aware of the requirements and adhere to them.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

The Terms and Conditions are available prior to and when you order and para 10.3 tells you about line speeds so I would suggest BT are complying with the law.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/post3rdjuly2016voiceandbroadband.html

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 26

Available and supplied is not the same thing.

BT corporate lawyers are often wrong I have had to advise them in the past to get them out of trouble.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 26

Available and supplied are the same thing. They are clearly available for you to read prior to ordering. You do not need to be supplied a paper copy. It is up to you to read them.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 25 of 26

We're getting off topic here guys. The OP was aking about FTTP availability so please keep it on topic.

Cheers

David

jedpause
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 26

Hi, thanks @James-Cand noted, I should have read the diagram (ADSL-Checker screenshot) and see FTTPoD there...

Yes, mine is fibre all the way without any cabinet en route from exchange

I think the point is still valid though - BT residential site allows me to search and order up to Infinity 4 on many addresses off my Ashford Exchange when I tested it  acouple of weeks ago (But I suspect those will also be native FTTP)....

I think the proof is in the pudding though as they say, being able to order it may still result in a surprise followup from BT where they say they either they can't actually provision the service, or they can at a hefty cost...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings