cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ripsta
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Live date

was fttp supposed to be available as from today ??

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Live date

I assume you mean Fibre on Demand? FTTP has been available in many parts of the UK for a few years now.

As a note you can only get FOD if your Cab (PCP) area has been enabled for FTTC.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
microspud
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I've seen the date of 29th on other forums. But this is the start of early market adoption phase so we don't yet know who will be providing it.
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Openreach's FTTP on Demand trial phase 2 finished yesterday, price list comes into effect on Monday 29th April http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGgucF...

Presumably that means ISPs such as BT Retail could raise an order for FTTP On Demand from Monday - if they decide to offer the product. There is a 2 month lead-time to installation and operation!

But if and when any particular ISP will offer FTTP On Demand to customers and how much they will charge is currently unknown.

Who will be the first to break cover?

0 Ratings
Brumski
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I seen contractors out doing work "on behalf of Openreach" the other day, they were jacking up one of their covers on the pavement at the end of my street.

It looks like they shut off our road yesterday but I am not really sure what's going on just now.

Any chance this is related to FTTP work?

0 Ratings