Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAD_ZOIDBERG
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

FTTP On Demand

Go to solution

I am sure many people are asking this, but is FTTP on demand available in my area?

Below would indicate yes.

Is this still a commercial ISP thing or available residential?

bband.jpg

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: FTTP On Demand

Go to solution
It's a business thing due to the huge installation cost, 3 year contract and sky-high monthly payments.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
MAD_ZOIDBERG
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Ouch!

Thanks for the responses.

BT would get a good take-up if they rolled out down our way (at a sensible price).

0 Ratings
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
FTTPoD isn't designed for Residential customers. It's aimed at large Corporate Businesses.

After all, what are you going to do with 300mbps that you can't do with 30?
0 Ratings
seedubs
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

@lines_man wrote:
FTTPoD isn't designed for Residential customers. It's aimed at large Corporate Businesses.

Not quite right, unfortunately some of us are unable to receive datarates greater than standard broadband from FTTC due to the distance from the exchange/cabinet and the only alternative is (where available) FTTP.  

Our exhange has been enabled, we have been informed by BT that once this is available then orders can happen, but nothing is showing when I (we) go to 'My Products' page, and there does not appear to be anything regarding pricing available on the site either?

Any ideas anyone?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

what do you get now if you enter your phone number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@seedubs wrote:

@lines_man wrote:

Not quite right, unfortunately some of us are unable to receive datarates greater than standard broadband from FTTC due to the distance from the exchange/cabinet and the only alternative is (where available) FTTP.  

Our exhange has been enabled, we have been informed by BT that once this is available then orders can happen, but nothing is showing when I (we) go to 'My Products' page, and there does not appear to be anything regarding pricing available on the site either?

Any ideas anyone?

Not quite right, FTTPoD is a different product fom FTTP. The FTTP sales team can be contacted here. 0800 587 4787 and they may be able to give you costs.

0 Ratings
seedubs
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

@seedubs wrote:

@lines_man wrote:

Any ideas anyone?

Not quite right, FTTPoD is a different product fom FTTP. The FTTP sales team can be contacted here. 0800 587 4787 and they may be able to give you costs.

Ah, many thanks, but it does not appear to be advertised?  Is this due to the 'newness' of the residential service?  I will give them a bell.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

if you enter your phone number in the checker can you see FTTP available to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings