Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: FTTP On Demand

Go to solution

Presumably it is not advertised because it is only available in a few places. If you use the checker the imjolly posted it will show if it is available to you. If it is available you can order it through the number I posted.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution
BT Consumer advertise the different Infinity packages.

If you enter your phone number or address in the BT Consumer checker and FTTP is available then in theory the web page will show Infinity 1, 2, 3, and 4 options for you to order. For those where only FTTC is available then only Infinity 1 and 2 packages should be shown.

The BT Consumer checker will just be going from the BT Wholesale checker results I would think.

The BT Business web site might show options for FTTPoD as it's not a residential option?
0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution
If you want to 'cheat' and see the faster packages try this link. 🙂

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/new-fttp-copper.html
seedubs
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Hi, Many thanks for the responses.  

In the wholsale checker it states under 'other services' FTTTP on Demand  330/30 available.    I did ring up the number and I was informed that it was avaialble, but unknown to my address, she would get back to me.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

.if checker just shows FTTPoD then you cannot get FTTP which is different as already explained

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
seedubs
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Yeah, it is a little confusing, as we have been informed by the Cymru rollout that FTTP is the solution for 96% of the properties from the exchange, which will be available between now and Jun 2016.   They have enabled FTTPoD, which whilst a different product, I assume uses similar technology and additionally I was informed that it was available yesterday on the phone, maybe it will be available by June....

Thanks again for the information and help.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

All you can do is make regular checks on the dslchecker and hope for the best

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
noemont
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

The 'Stop Sell' is still in place.

Did anyone manage to get an order in?

What's it like when it's installed?

0 Ratings