Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RacheH72
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Openreach database query

Hello
I would appreciate it if anyone can shed any light on my issue. We live on a rural street in Cheshire. When running a check on the BT Broadband Checker many neighbours on my street (including both next door) have a result that says up to 300mbs is available and my next door neighbour has confirmed that she gets speeds of 70mbs and could subscribe to faster. However for our address it shows that only 12-15mbs is available. Openreach Engineers working on the road have said that FTTP technology is now installed on the street and would be available for all houses. They suspect that the reason that I cannot get this is because BT is the only provider invested in the technology and at the time of me enquiring we were a Sky rather than BT customer. Therefore we made the decision to change our phone line and Broadband back to BT - the change was made last week. I have spoken to the BT fibre team this morning and they still say that I can only get 15mbs and refuse to even acknowledge that FTTP is available on our road. I have previously emailed Openreach but still get the same answer. The Openreach engineer working on the road showed me the cables hanging out the bottom of the telegraph poles on our road and explained that they are the FTTP connections. As you can imagine it is infuriating to know that the technology is there on the street and indeed the neighbours have access to it but we are being told no and that it doesn't exist! I suspect that we have to wait until some database at Openreach updates to acknowledge that we are now a BT customer and can have access to this - however I am completely stuck on how to get this change made. I really don't understand why BT would invest in the technology on the road and then deny it exists and turn down someone who is prepared to pay for it. Any help would be appreciated! Many thanks.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
watlina
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Openreach database query

Hi,

You'll need to go back to the Fibre enquires team and let them know that your NAD Key (just a unique number that Openreach uses to identify every property) may have been missed out when properties in your neighbourhood were associated to the local FTTP scheme at the planning stage. They can advise the correct Openreach department to check and resolve by associating the NAD to the FTTP network if it's found to be within the area covered by FTTP.

This is only a possible cause if all those properties around you already have FTTP availability but you do not. It does sound like this may be the case but obviously it's not 100% guaranteed to be so.

0 Ratings
RacheH72
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you - I will try that. Will the fibre team know what our NAD key is?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Yes
0 Ratings