cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Phone Line - How does it work?

Hi everyone,

I've just ordered a BT full fibre product as my area has just in the last week been enabled, (late 80s house with existing FTTC copper phone line) and I'm wondering how the phone calls will be delivered, will the existing copper line be retained for calls only, will we have to plug phones into the ONT or into the Smart Hub 2?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Phone Line - How does it work?

if you currently have an existing phone on copper with socket I would expect that to continue when the ONT is installed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Am Imjolly said you’ll most likely continue to have your phone service delivered via a Metallic Path.

There is the FVA, Fibre Voice Access Service but I’m not sure if Openreach are taking any new orders for it as they’re soon scrapping it in favour of VOiP.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I had FTTP installed last week and the copper line is still in place for the telephone.

0 Ratings