cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeytennis
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

FTTP Problem - Regular dropping connection, unusuable internet

Decided to take on a fibre package with BT recently which resulted in FTTP being installed last week (FTTC is not possible in my area)

After about a week of normal operation we started to experience problems yesterday where the internet connection is dropped on a regular basis (probably about every minute) and the orange light comes on the router.

In conjunction with this, the optical light on the Openreach hardware turns off and then turns back on (green) and flashes a few times before settling on green for about a minute.

There are no known issues in my area (Falmouth - 01326) on any of the relevant service status pages that I can see.

I'm of the opinion this is a fibre/Openreach issue but have had to contact BT support this morning in the first instance who didn't seem interested in the fact that the Openreach hardware was indicating an issue and wanted to go through the router reset/power cycle routine as well as performing a phone line test (I did tell them it was FTTP!)

At 8:30am the support guy said he would run a few more tests and ring back at 9:00am but I have not heard anything back from BT at the time of writing (11:30)

Is there not anyway this can be escalated to Openreach considering the symptoms?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: FTTP Problem - Regular dropping connection, unusuable internet

did you try FTTP team on 08005874787 and see if they can help or point you in right direction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Sorry about your problems.

I'll be honest, I have no idea on the diagnostics they do for FTTP connectivity. You cannot speak directly to Openreach. If BT think there is a fault(which the quite clearly appears to be), they will arrange an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
monkeytennis
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the FTTP phone number, was unable to find that during my earlier search!

Anyhow, spoke to them and they have confirmed it is an Openreach issue and an engineer will be visiting tomorrow to diagnose further!

Fingers crossed....

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Great. Let us know the outcome 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings