cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 151 of 292

Re: FTTP Problems - 0.86Mbps down

@JCT6 are you a 'seaview' client ? If so then report the multicast issue on the form as normal.

Otherwise report to the BT Vision desk, multicast faults are quite rare like this but will narrow down the equipment fault; just need to work out if FVA is affected - that will narrow down things even further. I think it counts out congestion with multicast being affected.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 152 of 292

Hi hippey

What's a seaview client??

I have a BT Vision box with freeview via aerial and on-demand and HD via broadband.

As for fibre voice, I haven't noticed any issues as I have used the phone to call BT during the problems. They usually call me back on my mobile before they run tests on the line.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 153 of 292

If you don't know then your not - if that makes sense! Strange though as I was expecting you to say FVA was breaking up to! Although it has a QoS, multicast also has QoS set.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 154 of 292

I had a text from BT earlier saying this is still an open case and they will contact me again on 17th Feb.

As for this evening, BTW speed tests are giving 260Mbps and above. I'll run a few more after 9pm.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 155 of 292

Just after 9pm and speeds have dropped to 160-180Mbps... not enough for me to notice a drop in performance (games, TV etc), but still a drop of 100Mbps nonetheless.

Contributor
Message 156 of 292

My line is checking out at normal speeds currently except for Thinkbroadband which shows 26Mbps and 76Mbps for the 2 download tests.

speedtest.net and BTW tests at 74Mps on a 80/20 line. But pages are loading slowly, not with the snap you would see in good service.

# Took 3 attempts to post this entry, getting error messages on post of "The connection was interrupted"

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 157 of 292

Here we go again.... BTW reporting speeds of 48Mbps and Speedtest.net down to 33Mbps.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 158 of 292

Yup, speeds down again tonight but things are still usable - I am seeing 19.8 down, same up.

I got this from my provider today "BT have come back advising the issue has been raised at director level escalations and they are continuing to investigate the issue further. they have confirmed they are aware of the issue and have been working with hardware suppliers to have this resolved, so far of the work they have carried out in replacing various pieces of equipment have not had much of an impact. I am awaiting a further update back from them later today and will advise as soon as I have heard from them."

The further update never materialised.

georgelnx - interested to read your comments about the December 5th and you know from my previous posting I share your views. It simply must be possible to trace whatever happened on, or immediately before, December 5th.

It set me thinking though, I wonder whether it's worth building a list of exactly where in Walnut Tree we are all located, just in case that positional information offers any clues.

I'm in Lavender Grove. If others don't want to post their location on here, PM me and I'll compile a list and then circulate via PM.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 159 of 292

The problems for me started on Tuesday 3rd December and whenI called BT they said they had had a mass service outage that night, but it had cleared shortly before my call (which I think was early evening).

Location-wise, I'm in Pettingrew Close.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 160 of 292

It's pretty poor how there are so many different answers coming from BT Wholesale:

JTG6:  We are aware that this has resolved the problem for many of our customers

georgelnx:  since the work completed they are only aware or your circuit and 1 other that's potentially still having problems

MKWanderer: so far of the work they have carried out in replacing various pieces of equipment have not had much of an impact

It looks like they changed some equipment/hardware and assumed that had fixed things, without actually checking with you guys...

0 Ratings