cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markcoster
Beginner
Message 241 of 292

Re: FTTP Problems - 0.86Mbps down

I've been contacted by BT this morning who initially said the problem 'must have been a network glitch' given the fact it cleared Saturday afternoon and dismissed it. I've raised a further complaint and the issue has been 'escalated' to a FTTP expert.

Anyone else raise the issue with their service provider? maybe we should start asking for ticket numbers?

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 242 of 292

georgelnx has it raised with Plusnet and MKWanderer with IDNet - these should still be open faults.

BT Retail seem to have closed this fault several times for some reason. Perhaps they think that the problem is fixed unless you are constantly phoning in and complaining?

0 Ratings
georgelnx
Contributor
Message 243 of 292

Yes my fault at Plusnet is still open, it will have been open for 13 weeks on Wednesday.

I am awaiting an update today, and as always, I will post the result here.

Just point BT to this forum thread and also my thread at Plusnet Forum Thread of FTTP issues in MK7

And keep complaining and ensure the helpdesk link the problem to this issue if it is applicable.

0 Ratings
csandbach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 244 of 292

May have some progress, I have raised the fault to BT's High Level Escalation team, I'm hoping as I am a "Business Customer" and complained directly to the CEO of BT, this may get taken seriously. The guy on the HLE team has taken ownership of my particular case and I have pointed him in the direction of this thread. He has said he will work together with BT O/R and Wholesale and get the case raised as a "Common Fault" which I was told it's a group of people not just individuals which it looks like BT are raising the cases as at present.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 245 of 292

Did you see the post on the business forum?

http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/FTTP-Broken-since-december/td-p/71212

As a business user, you should really be posting on that forum, as you may get some additional replies.

0 Ratings
csandbach
Aspiring Contributor
Message 246 of 292

Funny that! That's my post! No replies! I don't care that I am a business customer and "should" be commenting on that forum, the fact the fault is being discussed on this one actively means they are more likely to take notice of it and get it fixed. 

georgelnx
Contributor
Message 247 of 292

@csandbach

Plusnet have been saying my fault has been raised with HLE for the past 6 weeks since Tuesday 21 Jan 2014 so wouldn't build up any hopes there.

0 Ratings
markcoster
Beginner
Message 248 of 292

I cant blieve this bloke is so cruel to his girlfiend, next time i speak to BT i'm going to tell them i cant allow my family to grow up in a world where it takes them hours to listen to their favorite song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmRoySbnQYk (sorry if you cant see the video, because you speeds slow).

I've found this website - http://testmy.net/auto - to carry out speedtests when i'm not at home or asleep. I've started using it not to catch BT out but monitor when my speed recovers after a fault. 

My problem has been brought to the attention of the HLE team at least twice now, which according to conversaions i've had sounds like a single guy.

I find it so fustrating that I've not long moved to my current house and my previous property which was only 1mile away was on the Shenley Church End exchange. Instead of FTTP it offered FTTC and the service was great, and even before that my ADSL2 was a very healthy 16Mbit. 
0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 249 of 292

Speeds are dropping again - I'm getting 80Mbps on the BTW speed test. Earlier this evening (7pm) speeds were a healthy 270Mbps.

0 Ratings
markcoster
Beginner
Message 250 of 292

I seem to be ok in MK5. 

0 Ratings