cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 251 of 292

Re: FTTP Problems - 0.86Mbps down

Something caused my HH4 to restart just before 5am this morning. I ran a couple of tests just now and got:

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Now I'm just hoping it stays there! I'll check back again this evening.

0 Ratings
georgelnx
Contributor
Message 252 of 292

Yes I had an disconnected session this morning at 4:39am so did Openreach do something in the exchange?

Latest Plusnet  Update this morning

"I have just seen the update that you have provided our faults team. I wish to monitor the connection a little longer and await further confirmation as to the questions that you've asked, before responding further."

The update refers to several entries on Saturday morning and he just saw it on Tuesday morning!

Next response is Friday apparently.

Line speeds good now, I wasn't online last night so didn't notice any slow down but my Thinkbroadband Quaility monitor looks bad from 8pm onwards until 7am today.

0 Ratings
markcoster
Beginner
Message 253 of 292

Speed has crashed again - its curently 8.29Mbps down, 17.80Mbps up and latency of 21.88 in MK5. 

Can't follow BT's advice and give their help desk a call.  Anyone else suffering?

0 Ratings
markcoster
Beginner
Message 254 of 292

Looks like the problem isnt' just a Milton Keynes fault, just search twitter for #btinfinity

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
het_uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 255 of 292

Guys, can any of you do a traceroute and post it here? There's a good visual trace program called PingPlotter Freeware which can provide some good info and averages over a prolonged period.
0 Ratings
markcoster
Beginner
Message 256 of 292

Shall we ping a known ip on the bt network? Say bt.com (193.113.9.162) and Virginmedia.com (184.168.221.14) and reference them.
0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 257 of 292

Speeds seem ok to me tonight - just ran 3 consecutive tests and got just over 275Mbps each time.

0 Ratings
het_uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 258 of 292

Ping anything but try to separate a good trace from one while the issue is apparent.

You can run multiple instances of PingPlotter if you want to use that.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 259 of 292

No slow downs over the MK10 side, does anyone on where the fix was applied? I was thinking this was a Level 2 Switch issue as it seemed to be affecting those on that node but not so sure now.

We've developed a fault on the FVA side after a cease and re-provide was carried out. The service does seem to want to restart over the ONT.

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 260 of 292

I don't think pinging will show anything - that was done earlier in the thread and pings were normal when speeds were non-existent.

Also the two sites/IPs you gave, they block incoming ICMP pings. So it's better to use bbc.co.uk (212.58.244.20).
0 Ratings