cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 101 of 292

Re: FTTP Problems - 0.86Mbps down

Plusnet are saying that BT Wholesale have flagged up a capacity issue affecting some fibre customers on Bradwell Abbey. Plusnet are trying to work out if their users are affected by that.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 102 of 292

I wonder if it's all on the same node, I've not heard of any issues this side. But I seem to think a friend of mine in Walnut Tree has had some issues with outages late night. They are with a smaller ISP.

I think BT Operate do need to have a close look on that loop.
0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 103 of 292

Is your friend with Andrew's & Arnold (AAISP) by any chance?

Walnut Tree is on Bradwell Abbey (SMBA), which is a core node for BT. Most of us FTTP users in MK are on that exchange.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 104 of 292

Yes.

What I mean is that I suspect those with issues are being supplied by the same FTTP Node at the exchange. Sounds like faulty equipment there as the actual fibre is a PON system.

I know on the original trial there were 7 or 8 'head ends' at the exchange, they were balanced over certain areas.
0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 105 of 292

Ah, I see what you mean.

Has your friend with AAISP reported his issues? It would be good if he could and that can be added to the group ticket.

The more people that flag up problems, the quicker this will get resolved (hopefully).
0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 106 of 292

I had a text from BT today which said:

"... The matter has been raised to a high level within BT's Fibre to the Home technical department as well as our own Customer Services. The exchange equipment manufacturers have now been engaged to seek a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have any timescales at present but will keep you updated and will contact you again on Monday 3rd February at the latest."

It's good to know they're on the case and presumably the issue is quite serious if they are having to engage with the manufactuers of the equipment in the exchange?

Quick edit: my speeds tonight are down to 5Mbps again 😞

0 Ratings
sendmark
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 292

My speeds a bit slower, but still bouncing between 35 to 60... at least we are hearing about efforts to fix it though, that's encouraging. Just hope it's something they can solve.

0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 108 of 292

Download speeds are still very low this morning too. 

0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 109 of 292

Speeds tonight are pretty useless too. It seems this intermittent problem has now become a little more permanent.

There's little I can do on the internet and all the channels on BT TV that are delivered via fibre are unwatchable.

I know they'll fix it as quick as they can, but I am expecting some kind of refund of my monthly fees as the product is clearly faulty and this has been the case since 3rd December.

Anyone know what BT usually do in such circumstances?

0 Ratings
sendmark
Aspiring Contributor
Message 110 of 292

Yeah speed of 0mb download for me as well. I will definitely be chasing for something to compensate for it, it's not like this wasn't flagged up a good while ago or chased repeatedly for action. I understand they do refund line rental when phone lines are down (i.e. due to storms), as a daily credit, will have to look into broadband but hopefully something similar.

0 Ratings