cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 221 of 292

Re: FTTP Problems - 0.86Mbps down

Here we go again, and the most annoying thing is they have just sent me my next bill which includes £50 plus £15 for my broadband and BT TV subscription.

BTW1.jpg

0 Ratings
perky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 222 of 292

Exatcly the same here for me in Walnut Tree. Fine for the last week and a half, unusable last night.

0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 223 of 292

I have also just checked my fault reference and the bar stewards closed it!! They opened a new one after my call yesterday. This better not have any impact on them investigating or resolving the issue. 

0 Ratings
markcoster
Beginner
Message 224 of 292

Morning -

I'm  a FTTP customer located in Shenley Lodge and am experiencing the same problems as you guys. I've bypassed the BT Homehub this morning to see if that was at fault but experienced the same speeds going directly to the Openreach ONT.

I've been speaking to a very pleasent person within the 'FTTP' helpdesk this morning, and just rang back and got her straight away she is going to esculate the problem to the BT offline team but they cant call me back until Monday. 

I guess everyone is on the bradwell abbbey exchange on fishermead? Can i recommend that everyone with the problem flag it with BT, they seem not to empployee any kind of network monitoring equipment to monitor slow speeds.

Mark

0 Ratings
markcoster
Beginner
Message 225 of 292

Sorry forgot to add - my FVA (fibre voice access) is working fine with no reported problems. Used it to called them.

0 Ratings
georgelnx
Contributor
Message 226 of 292

@markcoster

I'm on Plusnet and this incident is logged with them and has been for 12 weeks now with updates every time it goes wrong. My support ticket is pages long.

Yes I'm on the Bradwell Abbey exchange and those of us we have been seeing issues since the start of December last year are based out in Walnut Tree.

Nice to welcome another area into the mess although you could have a totally separate issue as the speed decrease we're complaining of has some weird issues such as speeedtest.net results being fullspeed locally but not elsewhere.

On Plusnet, we still use our phone lines for calls and don't have TV channels but this issue transends those features.

George

0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 227 of 292

Just re-ran the BTW test a couple of times and now getting 250Mbps... 

But Speedtest.net (MK - Uno) is reporting 80Mbps, yet the London Namesco server is reporting 270Mbps. The Ookla server in Amsterdam is also reporting 270Mbps.

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 228 of 292

I am getting weird results from the MK Uno Server also - 40-50Mbps download and upload just says 'connecting' for a good couple of minutes before working.

I've had problems with streaming for the last couple of days - iPlayer and Sky Go keep buffering. I've tried speed tests and those seem normal though.

0 Ratings
georgelnx
Contributor
Message 229 of 292

Yep BTW now back up to 77.47Mbps/19.99Mbps/19.63ms

UNO also back to normal

77.15 Mb/s19.92 Mb/s5 ms

London Namesco

76.37 Mb/s21.16 Mb/s4 ms

0 Ratings
JTG6
Aspiring Expert
Message 230 of 292

Very odd - MK Uno server on Speedtest.net now reporting:

And this was at the same time as me downloading the Elder Scrolls game client which was coming down at 60MB/s according to the launcher. The game still has another 10GB to go, but it's coming down fast.

Edit: That launcher must be wrong - a online bits to bytes conversion means the download speed is over 500Mb/s (I think).

0 Ratings