cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 31 of 292

Re: FTTP Problems - 0.86Mbps down

I should also add, there's been an update from the MKBAG (Milton Keynes Broadband Action Group) that BT have had a large number of people phone up about FTTC/P in MK so they are going to reset or reseat a line card at Bradwell Abbey.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 292

Thanks Andy.

Speeds are now down to 0.22Mbps down and 16.33 up.

Any idea when this work by BT will be done? I'm hesitant to call up if they already have a fix in the pipleline.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 33 of 292

I did a bit of research and don't think there are line cards for FTTx products... So I am not sure what the Infinty desk were telling this other person.

Plusnet will be on the case tomorrow so hopefully they'll get some answers and updates. It's useful to idenitfy other ISP users because it rules out an individual ISP issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 292

Getting worse still and it's affecting anything that requires fast broadband i.e. on demand services on BT TV. If they don't resolve this soon (remember it's been happening since early December) then I think some kind of refund is in order as I'm paying for two services that I can't use.

BTW Speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 292

Speeds dropped to zero last night but are now up to 18.13 down and 25.09 up (21.63ms ping).

I spoke to a very sympathetic lady at BT last night who has booked an engineer to come out on Saturday 25th. We did all the usual diagnostics (reboot OR modem, HH4 etc) but no fix. I'll place a small wager that my service returns to normal tonight and will be working perfectly when the engineer arrives on Saturday...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 292

This is beginning to take the p$£$ now!

It seems like a weelky ocurrance - I too am in the MK7 area on FTTP.

Last night I had no internet.

I tried to call BT, but no one has a bleeding clue what you are on about, they all think it's FTTC so try and do a line test then blame it on your equipment!!!!

I swapped out my Business Hub 3 for a Draytek Vigor 2850 ages ago.

Luckily my neighbour has ADSL so I can jump on that using openzones, but what is the point in paying £55 a month for a "business" class connection when it goes down all the time?!?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 37 of 292

This is the Residential Infinity forum. If you want the support that you are paying extra for, it may be worth you posting in the Business forums http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/bd-p/Broadband
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 292

The problem is obviously related to the same issue everyone on the estate is having, I spoke to neighbours this morning and they all had the same issue.

There is literally NO support from BT for FTTP. Everyone I have spoken to assumes it's FTTP from the FTTC cab, that's not the case here in the MK7 area.

Why start a new thread on the Business forum? It's a business line connected to a residential address. As this thread is more active it's more likely to get looked at by BT - more chance of getting fixed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 39 of 292

One of the things you're paying for on Business Infinity is UK support on the forum, it's a bit silly paying for something then not using it - especially when it's exactly what you're after 🙂
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 40 of 292

@ csandbach - Where abouts in MK7 are you? Walnut Tree also?

@ JTG6 - I am struggling to understand what the purpose of an engineer visit will be, seeing as the problem is not at your property. It's area wide and will be dealt with by a different team of engineers.

0 Ratings