cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 51 of 292

Re: FTTP Problems - 0.86Mbps down

He seems to be saying there is one strand of fibre which either works or it doesn't so it's not fibre damage as it's working for some.

The fact is there is more than 1 strand of fibre.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 292

Are those areas FTTP as well or FTTC?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 53 of 292

FTTC in Bletchley - I've seen two users reporting issues with speed slow downs there.

FTTP in Newton Leys - very similar problem to Walnut Tree.

It's back with BTW who are investigating again. It does surprise me that so many people have reported the problem, had engineers out on multiple occasions, yet they do not appear to have figured out the geographic connection in these problems.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 292

Didn't think bt was doing a 300mbs package yet
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 55 of 292

Infinity 4 http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/faster-internet
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 292

That is strange, like you said, seperate exchanges 😕

Makes me wonder what sort of monitoring or lack of they have for network traffic in the exchange, surely they would see a large drop in traffic on certain bits of kit.

When my internet went down last time, a device I have on my network was still working, I know it doesn't use masses of bandwidth, but it's quite time critical, in the sense of if it doesnt receive a reply, it stops doing what it does. Could it be down to some throttling they are doing (wrongly).

Next time it happens I will have to try and shunt a load of data around using non standard ports and via vpn to see if that does anything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 292

And this morning the same problems are back.... anyone else having problems?

Sadly, this also means the problems will also likely be gone when the BT engineer comes tomorrow morning.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 292

Mine went on the wonk last night.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 59 of 292

Have you tried doing the further test when your speeds are really low using the BT Speed Tester? It gives you a new login to try.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 292

I'm in work at the mo, but the test I ran was the BTW test and came in at 0.68Mbps. I tried to run the next stage of the test and it gave me an error saying it could not be run at this time.

I'll run some more tests when I'm back home this evening. My broadband may have had troubles last night, but I wasn't using it so don't actually know.
0 Ratings