cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yang082
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

FTTP Remote Activation or Engineer visit

I hope someone would be able to help me here. Basically, I just moved into a new house and ordered infinity brodband (FTTP). There is a Fiber  openreach modem (which looks like its working) in the house already from previous tenants. I've waited 3 weeks for an engineer to come then got told I actually don't need a engineer visit from BT website as there is a working line. 

So I thought the original appoinment was cancelled but received a phone call on the morning of my activation date saying the engineer is coming now although my appoinment was orginally for the afternoon. The engineer have asked me to rebook the appt as BT has messed up his appoinments. 

I've rang BT on Sunday and they said I don't need an engineer and to ring next day to get it activated remotely. When I rang again, I got told I do need an engineer visit now and it would be another 3 weeks before somebody can come! I don't really know if anybody knows if I do need an engineer or not but being different story everytime is very frustrating. 

I hope someone here can tell me if I do actually need a engineer visit because the support people on the phone seem to contradict each other everytime. 

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP Remote Activation or Engineer visit

You shouldn't need a visit. Is the PON Light in the ONT solid green or flashing?
0 Ratings
yang082
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply. It's solid green!

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

You've a choice of 3 Service Providers. BT Retail, Zen and Andrews & Arnold. There are a few more choices for Business FTTP.

If you decide to go with BT ring the FTTP Sales Team on 0800 587 4787.

Give them the serial number of the ONT, if it's not on the front on that tiny little sticker it'll be on the back. They'll then place an order with BT Wholesale.
0 Ratings