Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksmith34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

FTTP - Set-up duration

Go to solution

Hello.....

BT have been working on my street setting up FTTP. If i check out the details for my phone number at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.TelephoneNumberOutput it shows the following.

Telephone Number *********** on Exchange THRYBERGH is served by Cabinet 11

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environment

Status

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 14.5--12.5 to 16.5Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 14.5Up to 112.5 to 16.5Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available--------
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available--------
Fixed Rate2----Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------
Bridge TapU       
VRIN       
NTEFaceplateN       
Last Test Date17-05-2017       

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note:

Thank you for your interest.

On the Openreach website, my address is showing as 'in scope' for FTTP. Does anyone know how long it might take for FTTP to be fully enabled?

My postcode is S65 3RB

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: FTTP - Set-up duration

Go to solution
It can be months or years, no one will be able to tell you unfortunately.

Keep checking the checker, or ask any engineers you see working around the local area.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
peterh0001
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Mark

I'm afraid you are out of luck - Cabinet 11 is marked as Fibre Not Available on the CdeLook database which meeans that is is not in the current rollout phase.  The current rollout is Phase BDUK South Yorkshire 17b and covers Cabs  8,13,14,15.

You may be in a later rollout phase which would explain why Openreach says you are in scope.

Peter

marksmith34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

But why are the engineers putting blue rope in the ducting. I now have some blue rope sticking out of the duct outside my house. (where the copper cable enters my house). Are they just teasing me with the prospect of fibre?

0 Ratings
peterh0001
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Dunno, you are not on the obvious route to the in scope cabinets, however they are apparently working on Cab 14 at present and that does not have a post code so it may be a new cab for migration purposes.  It's difficult to work out from the available information.

Peter

pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@peterh0001 wrote:

Mark

I'm afraid you are out of luck - Cabinet 11 is marked as Fibre Not Available on the CdeLook database which meeans that is is not in the current rollout phase.  The current rollout is Phase BDUK South Yorkshire 17b and covers Cabs  8,13,14,15.

You may be in a later rollout phase which would explain why Openreach says you are in scope.

Peter

Hardly surprising as FTTP doesn't need a cabinet.

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
@PeterH

Codelook doesn’t display FTTP information, as it’s not done by cabinet area, but be individual postcode areas.

The Openreach checker shows as FTTP in scope. That data is far more reliable than anything that shows on Codelook (codelook hasn’t been updated since July either).
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

like you, openreach are on my Close, but have actually put the FTTP fibres into the trap on the road, An engineer told me it would be 2-3 months aprox before connection,  in your case they are just putting rope in preperation to pull fibres through. This in my case was done as a job lot.  I was also told that once finished(if you look at the open reach page availability)each progression stage has a description, but it also says that it does'nt really apply to FTTP and might remain 'in scope' then progress to orders being taken.. or so it seems. from my understanding, he said once done on the estate, information is then passed out to BB suppliers,and they in turn inform you.. If you take up an offered connection, then openreach will run a fibre to your property from the trap.  In theory its pretty straight forward lol... so is a rubiks cube.   🙂

marksmith34
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I think the engineers have also put the FTTP fibre into the traps in the pavement, so maybe i'm only 2-3 months away. That would be good.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
It’s not always done in a linear fashion either.

Sometimes the teams who do the work closer to the home may have a free slot, so that can be done and ready before any of the work from the fibre manifolds back to the exchange is done.

Best bet is to ask any you see about, and to keep an eye on the checker.