Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: FTTP - Set-up duration

Go to solution

they've been on the close for about 3 weeks now..probably max 40 houses that are on the FTTP schedule... looking at the postcodes.They don't exactly break sweat...unless the gallons of tea that they seem to drink at the back of the vans. :-). 

0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

just one thing... I do believe that because its a FTTP fibre thats in the road... that you can only change to a provider that can do FTTP from the exchange on openreached circuit.. so it leaves a limited number of isps..about 4 at the exchange that use FTTP, and SKY aint one of em...

Since i retired at 50 ten years ago, how things have changed in a very short time with networks and facilitators. I used to work in network installation with fibre and copper, internally and externally... the ducts stay the same.. but the cable doesnt...  although i see that its a blown fibre to the hoose.. from the trap... I just hope they can clear the s'posed blockage that  mite have occurred after they put a drain rod in at the far end.. and mite have pushed some sealant foam down the pipe   :-). If so..i dig the **bleep** up myself...

ps... you can tell they were true engineers..using a screwdirver to reveal the duct exit to the house about six inches under the lawn...

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
You would only get fibre installed into your premises if you have placed an order for it. It sounds more like you are getting the copper cables upgraded on your close
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
nicey1958
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

you can only order a fibre service when the ISP's are aware that you have fibre outside your premises.. and as openreach have only just finished this part of the job, they arn't yet. Zen said they will let me know as soon as openreach let them know. It is a slow process, and it is FTTP. Its one of these goverment initiatives, to provide fast internet, and fortunately, our small estate was lucky enough to be selected due to the v slow speeds because of distance to the exchange and the NTU box on the road which my phone line goes back to has very few lines in it, it makes in impractical to have FTTC due to power requirements and the expense.

0 Ratings