Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_LDN
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

FTTP Upgrade problem

Go to solution

Hi, Lozza88. I am having the excact same problem you're having, My broadband was also installed on the same date as you. Was told the same thing by the engineer, which was to wait for the 'tel 1' go a steady green and then plug my phoneline into it once it had. A week later (Fri 12th August) the **bleep** thing is still flashing! And I have been unable to make or receive any phone calls in that time. Each time I phone BT, they tell me something different or they try to be sarcastic. What makes this whole situation all the more frustrating for me, Is that I ordered BT Infinity 3 way back in May. In that time BT and Openreach have managed to conjure up a way to make a simple broadband upgrade, stretch out to almost 3 months! And to top it off, they have given me the infinity 2 package not infinity 3, which proves how inpet they really are!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP Upgrade problem

Go to solution

Hi @Mark_LDN

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!  I have moved your post to start your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Sorry for the problems you're having since you have upgraded your broadband.  Can I suggest having a word with our "order chat team" to see if they can get you sorted?

Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Mark_LDN
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP Upgrade problem

Go to solution

Hi RobbieMac.

Thanks for your suggestion. I phoned BT customer service in the end, and I was lucky enough to get through to an extremely helpful person named Ismail. I was on the phone for a while, but he managed to fix my phoneline. Apparently they took my number off the old copper system, but for some reason the team dealing with switching it over to the fibre, didn't do it straight away.  Now I am just waiting for BT to put me on the correct infinity package, then hopefully this tedious broadband upgrade will finally be over.

0 Ratings