Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chaskins
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

FTTP activation woes

Hi,
We moved into a new build house on 29/09/17 with FTTP and Openreach installed the ONT on the 19/10/2017. I was then able to place an order for Infinity 3 on the 24th, which I did but then received a call informing me that I couldn’t port my old number, I didn’t release I had requested that, and that the order would need to be cancelled and a new one raised. I was then informed that it would taken 2 working days to cancel the order and then 3 further working days after the new order was created before the line would be activated.

I finally received an activation date of the 31/10/2017 but on that day there was an issue so the line failed to activate.

When I contacted BT I as informed that the order would need to be cancelled again before a new order could be placed. Again this would take 2 days to action the cancalation. Having heard nothing from BT I called them on Friday. They then informed me that there was an issue getting the order cancelled and that this would have to be sent to the back office team, which can take up to 5 working days to action! Only then would it be possible for a new order to be placed, with a wait of another 3 working days before activation could take place.

Frustratingly there is no explanation as to why the line failed to activate. So we could keep going round the loop of failing and retrying, with 7+ days wait in between.

Out of interest, why does it take 2 days to cancel the order?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: FTTP activation woes

Welcome to this user forum.

FTTP orders are dealt with by a special team on 0800 587 4787.

Have you been in touch with them?

0 Ratings
Chaskins
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith,

Yes that’s the department I have been dealing with.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately, neither forum members or the moderators can assist with these orders. All you can do is to keep chasing the FTTP team.

Delays on FTTP provision seem quite common, according to other posts on this forum.

0 Ratings