cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pic499
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

FTTP & FTTPoD

my exchange (Goole) is due to be upgraded to FTTC/P in June 2014. To get FTTP do I need to pay for the fibre cable to be installed to my property like FTTPoD or is it installed for free when I signup to infinity 3 or 4 package?

thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: FTTP & FTTPoD

Hi pic499

If your excange has been designated as a FTTC/P exchange then this means that Openreach will be installing FTTC in some areas of the exchange area and will also be installing FTTP in other areas of the same exchange area.

This means that some properties in the exchange area will be able to get FTTC (though not FTTP unless FTTPoD is available) and other properties in a different geographical in the same exchange area will only be able to get FTTP.

If Openreach have installed FTTP to your area within the exchange area then I don't think you need to pay for the FTTPoD installation costs as the FTTP infrastructure is already installed to your DP.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
kjhudson1
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

@jac_95

I Also live in goole and was pleased to fiond out that BT Infinity is coming to the area. However, the brand new house (month old) i have just moved into has an exchange only line, and was wired up by openreach after it was already announced. because i dont have a cabinet im aware i wont be able to get FTTC, but will i be able to get FTTP direct from the exchange?

I know i will find out in the coming months but im just annoyed at the possibility of a brand new house not supporting modern internet speeds.

Regards

Kyle

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Hi

I believe that there are not many exchange areas in the country that have both FTTP and FTTC. Either way they would be done on a PCP area so if your PCP goes to FTTC then you could only get FOD.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
kjhudson1
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

But My Exchange (MYGOO) is declared as FTTC/P. So with openreach literally installing my line as an Exchange only line in the past couple month whilst fibre upgrade is apparent in town (new cabinets big reels of cable been laid etc), then is there any chance they would have put fibre in direct? and if so, is there any telltales at home i could look for?  Because there isnt a cabinet been put outside the exchange to accomodate so i will be fuming if my new house can only deliver 20mb but my old 100+ year old house can do 80 😐

0 Ratings
kjhudson1
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Can anyone shed light on this at all ?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

If you are on an Exchange Only (EO) line you will not be able to get FTTC. It will require Openreach to install a cabinet out side the exchange which will then allow you to get FTTC. This is apparently going to happen to EO lines but not anytime soon.

You might be able to get FTTP if that is available in your area.

You can use this checker to see if you ca get it.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/faster-internet

0 Ratings
noemont
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

FOD isn't available at that exchange, it seems very random which can get it and which can't.

The exchanges that can get it are marked 'FTTC/P & FOD 'whereas yours is only marked 'FTTC/P'.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

This thread is over a year old so hopefully the OP has been sorted out!

0 Ratings