cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 34

Re: FTTP install blocked ducts

That was day 1 of the work, the fibre you can see is mine and there was no digging required to install it, I'm told they shoot the fibre through using compressed air. The work became necessary when they couldn't install a fibre to my neighbours house in the same manner (probably because of the bend in the ducting).

I'm guessing they must have made it good with a new piece of ducting as they have since been successful in installing fibre to my neighbour on the other side of me without digging and I've had no problems due to it.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

That is a "gash" job for sure. 😞
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 13 of 34

@busterboy1wrote:

No, it's what someone who is clueless about ducting etc thinks is a gash job based on a picture. What has happened is a smaller duct has bypassed  the break in the original duct.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 34

@pippincpwrote:

@busterboy1wrote:

No, it's what someone who is clueless about ducting etc thinks is a gash job based on a picture. What has happened is a smaller duct has bypassed  the break in the original duct.

No, it's not. I took the picture

Message 15 of 34

I agree, it's not a gash job.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 34

pippincp I don't know what you do for a job but I spent 18 years digging trenches and laying ducts for cable.
That IS a gash job.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 17 of 34

It's definitely a gash job. Hopefully this zoomed out picture will show it a bit clearer.

Ducting.jpg

Message 18 of 34

Then expalin what you said earlier.

"I'm guessing they must have made it good with a new piece of ducting as they have since been successful in installing fibre to my neighbour on the other side of me without digging and I've had no problems due to it."

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 34

What's to explain?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

If they made it good then it is not a gash job.

0 Ratings