cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steven_ling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

FTTP installation no engineer show up at booked appointment time

Booked appointment on Last Friday 18/08/2017. nobody show up, when I rang BT after 1PM. they told me that the reason is because there is capacity issue for the cabinet or exchange. How come FTTP have capacity problem and we in new build estates and we had new cabinet for the whole estate which is FTTP enable. 

Ask to put the ADSL working line back on so we can get internet access and raised a complaint, told we get a phone call at the end of today and will offer free ADSL connection until the can sort out the FTTP installation. No phone call and NO ADSL for internet access over the weekend.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: FTTP installation no engineer show up at booked appointment time

If you're on a new build then I'd have expected all of the work to have been done before you moved in.

It would be very unusual for there to be copper and fibre on a new build estate, so ADSL is unlikely.

Have any of your neighbours been connected? Is the developer still on site?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
steven_ling
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: FTTP installation no engineer show up at booked appointment time

Developer still building housing at the estates

Firstly OR put copper wire for the estates then reliase they need to fibre FTTP for the whole estates.

Secondly the Fibre FTTP only became activite since last 2 months and I properly the first person in whole estate to switch to fibre. All neighbours connected via ADSL as the most people moved in last year or earlier this year before the FTTP became available to order.

0 Ratings