Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Husnu1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: FTTP speed upgrade

Hi,

I am sorry if I sounded a bit harsh but I do feel cheated because I only signed up for BT a month ago and the speed difference between option 2 and option 3 was the main reason.

I also don't like the way BT Customer services treat you once you are signed into a contract. They don't seem to be as helpful as they were before you sign for the 18 month contract.

I tried to ask them nicely if I can downgrade and their answer was a straight NO.

I don't think that you can compare this to a car because each day that you drive that car it loses value because the car gets older due to normal wear and tear.

I don't mind staying on Option 3 as long as they give us something as well to make it worth the extra £10.00 that we pay.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 26

Suppose buddy. It's been pretty common knowledge that the 80/20 would be coming out around this time.

As I said, they're trialling 300meg FTTP so I expect it to be released in the near future.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 13 of 26

I'm not to sure if this is how it works but just a general question, an exchange that is both FTTC/P enabled is it more likely that the rest will eventually be upgraded, or is it the norm that there will be a split?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 14 of 26

Who knows!

It's ultimately upto Openreach who sell to the CPs, but even then it's upto the CPs t what product they want.

I'm still on the 100/15 product would like to try the 300 but to be honest as I have FVA I wouldn't want to ask fearing more complications and faults.

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 15 of 26

Ah ok, apparently it was said somewhere on the forums that cricklewood exchange was getting FTTP, so obviously that would be people mostly directly connected to the exchange will get that.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 26

BT will be offering FTTP to all premises that FTTC is available to in 2013 on demand. The end user will have to pay for the "final run" of fibre optic cable to be laid to the premise from the FTTC cab. Typically this could run in to the "high hundreds" depending on distance from the cab.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rahat786786
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Yes 300mbps is being trialed but i doubt we will get it without a price increase. Currently, the £10.00 extra we are paying isn't worth it and there is nothing we can do.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

The 80/20 was done without a price increase. What makes you think FTTP would be different?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 26

@Webby wrote:
The 80/20 was done without a price increase. What makes you think FTTP would be different?

There is a big difference between 100Mb and 300Mb, if it was a 150Mb service based on a new contract, it would be easier to accept!

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

There is but it's only a software change.

You've had 100meg to enjoy for ageees, can't really complain mate 😉

New stuff comes out all the time, sometimes only slightly not as good and a little cheaper. No one made you take option 3, you could have had 40/10 on fttp from the start and then upgraded to 80/20 as and when.
0 Ratings