cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aarong
Guru
Message 21 of 26

Re: FTTP speed upgrade

I'm living life in the fast lane at the moment on 6.8MB, FTTC/P would be a dream!!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

I doubt I'm gonna pay for FTTP on demand. I'll not refuse a trial though 😉

I max out my 80 meg for about a few hours a week when dowloading some new shows. At the moment I reallly wouldn't benefit from anything more. In honesty I don't notice a difference from 40 to 80 except for downloading. I'm not fussed if something takes 2 hour or 2 to download, either way it's **bleep** fast.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 23 of 26

Yea don't see myself paying for it either, 80/20 is more than sufficient.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
puratech
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

It all depends on what the price model is after the 300mbit gets rolled out. It could be a very nice free upgrade or we could stay stuck on a 40% more expensive package for no noticable benefit and infact a slower upload unless we recontract 100mb.

Do we have any idea when its likely to happen, or even a guess from when the trials started etc?

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 25 of 26

I thought the trials were going on from when the 80/20 was going on. I think they were also testing a 1GB connection as well in some place.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 26 of 26

BT Retail has all sorts of trials going on most of the time.
0 Ratings