Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KASUN
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Failed Cancellation

Go to solution

Hi,

I have placed an order to migrate from sky to BT TV, broadband and telephone on the 9th of October.

around 23rd of October a lady rang and said there were issues and the broadband will not go live on the 28th as planned.

Then I phoned to cancel the account as I don't need a phone line without broadband. The cancellation got accepted by the BT.

On the 28th of October BT has activated my phone line and cancelled my internet order due to an issue of the line. Since then I had no updates no the next steps.

So I have rang and cancelled the BT and expecting to re register with sky as I has broadband up to 8mb.

Now the BT is saying that the cancellation is stuck in their system so they cannot cancel the order. They keep asking to phone back in 48 hours.

I have no idea on how to resolve this issue. So far there is no broadband order and I only have a BT phone line which I don't use.

As BT cannot provide broadband, cancellation has agreed to cancel this account. Please can someone help me to cancel this account as it's stuck with BT systems. Is there a way to escalate this issue to the so called offline team?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Failed Cancellation

Go to solution
you have to cancel yourself by phone no other method is accepted
0 Ratings
KASUN
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, I have phoned to cancel the order.

The BT cancellation team has accepted the cancellation order few days ago.

Now they are saying the cancellation did not get process due to a system falut. Unfortunately, they asking me to phone back in 48 hours to get the account acncelled. Unfortunately, I am only getting the same answer.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @KASUN I am sure your order cancellation has been completed but orders can stay open for equipment like a hub that was supplied on the original order. 

If you still having difficulty we will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
KASUN
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks John.

I have recived a call from someone in Cardiff support centre today.

She has promissed to cancel the line and reslove the account issue.

Finally, I have recived the email to confirm the account is closing today. So I would like to give some time to cancellation to get processes.

I will contact you, if this cancellation will not get processed within the next 5 working days.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @KASUN Thanks for the update and I'm sure the Cardiff team have the cancellation sorted for you but if any issue the help link offered will be there for the next 5 days.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
KASUN
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi John,

It has been a week since BT cancelled the order.

However, I still did not receive the bags to return the router, you view box and the broadband plugs. 

Is this somthing you can arrange? i phoned the custommer support phone line and they could not wokout what to do next. So they keeps putting be back to the same custommer support line.

I dont want to changred for these stuff as I never even opened them.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @KASUN We will be happy to help you with this. Send us over your details by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings