cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
telford_mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Failed Infinity installation yesterday. What happens next?

Go to solution

Ordered Infinity 1 a couple of weeks ago. All seemed to be going fine - a deluge of emails and a shiny new Smart Hub arrived in the post, which I installed. Yesterday our adsl went off at about 11am, and I sat watching the Smart Hub expecting my promised 50mb connection to appear. After half an hour we were reconnected, and guess what, we were still on adsl.

Our order in My BT now says 'sorry for the delay', but we've had no emails or any other communications from BT. Before I commit a few hours of my life trying to phone BT, can anyone tell me what's likely to happen next?

cheers!

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Failed Infinity installation yesterday. What happens next?

Go to solution
Could be a whole host of reasons. Calling up or contacting the online chat is the best way to find out what's happened and what needs to be done.

In the mean time can you pop your number into https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and paste the results on here please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
telford_mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

As you can see, our cabinet has been 'high demand' for months, which prevents orders being placed. I check it every day. On the day I ordered it was no longer high demand, so I assumed some additional infrastructure had been installed.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
looks like your fibre cabinet is full and awaiting Openreach increasing capacity in it there is a waiting list showing for fibre services on your cabinet all you can do is contact the online order chat and ask them to put you back to standard broadband then keep checking daily the checker you posted and as soon as it becomes available place the order again
0 Ratings
telford_mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Cabinet has been at capacity for months, but the order system always prevented an order being placed. I assumed that the fact that I could successfully order meant there was now some spare capacity. Just tried the live chat - apparently they can't deal with things like this at weekends. Ah well...

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
the cabinet may in that case be completely full and Openreach may be planning an additional cabinet the timescale for that could be quite long
0 Ratings
telford_mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

It certainly could. I guess in that case BT's challenge is to arrange the necessary refund and to cancel the 18 month contract which I entered into, so I can sign up with one of the cheaper ADSL providers while Openreach do their stuff.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @telford_mike Sorry about the delay in getting your Infinity connected. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
telford_mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks John, have sent you the details.

cheers,

Mike.

0 Ratings
telford_mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 do you have any news please? 

0 Ratings