cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevieMcHaggis
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Failed back to back recordings on internet channels?

I've posted this on the BT Vision forum too as there was already a thread for the UFC issues but thought I would start one here too as we have a YouView+ Box

We have had BT's whole package (TV, broadband, phone) since we moved house in February as it was the cheapest way to get BT Sports to watch UFC without having to pay for millions of other channels we wouldn't really need as all we really wanted was a basic setup but with BT Sports so I could watch the UFC....

Ever since it was installed we have had the problem everybody else has detailed in other threads. If you set the UFC to tape prelims and then the main event on the same channel the second one fails. I exchanged a number of E-mails and phone calls at the time of first noticing this and was just told that it wasn't a known fault and no solution could be found other than "update your set top box software" etc.... Even when they asked us to try on a different channel, we randomly set 4 episodes of Friends to tape and every other one failed.

In recent weeks/months I have had other issues and work to deal with so have ceased going around in circles with call centres, E-mail support and your "live chat" support (Which I prefer to use due to having a slight speech impediment) who keep me queded for long amounts of time and then start the chat session with "Can we call you to discuss this issue", but I have been working around the problem by recording the prelims on normal BT Sports and the main on BT Sports HD. This works fine....  Which whilst it isn't ideal its a means to an end in the mean time. However there isn't an option for HD and normal for every channel which brings me to my next point.

Having tempororily forgot about this issue, the other night I set Sharknado 2 and then Sharknado 1 to record back to back on Scy Fy and upon checking our recordings yesterday the second of the 2 recordings had failed.

Even though BT claim there isn't an issue there clearly is and it's not just based on the licensing for the sports.

It only appears to affect the internet based channels as for the last few weeks I have sucessfully recorded back to back episodes of Family Guy and People Just Do Nothing on BBC Three every sunday with no issues.

I'm by no means an expert in this field but it would appear to me that there is some sort of issue with overlapping of recording times on Internet channels (i.e. the second program is trying to start recording whilst the first is still recording and this causes some sort of conflict as it would seem 2 things cannot recrod on the same internet channel at once).

PLEASE CAN BT RESOLVE THIS!!!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Failed back to back recordings on internet channels?

The overseas level 1 support may claim that there is no known problem, but via this forum BT asked customers for feedback regarding recording failures to assist the technical team in developing a solution to the problem(s).

See  https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Failed-Recordings/td-p/1254441

and  https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Now-that-the-Report-Failed-Recordings-sticky-thread-has-been...

StevieMcHaggis
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thansk for the info, I've filled out the survey and given the other thread a read!

0 Ratings
bixieupnorth
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

ridiculous that this is still happening months after it was first flagged up. come on BT or humax, pull your finger out, the is the 21st century, missed recordings are unacceptable

0 Ratings
bixieupnorth
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

three weeks later and its still happening to me regularly, has there been any progress on this problem bt mods??

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 6 of 7

My G4 box upgraded to 17.10 firmware on 26Aug - since then I've had no IP channel recording failures - 1-off scheduled, or back-to-back ...

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 7

Hi All,

We’ve been rolling out a network fix (unrelated to the latest software release) over the last couple of weeks and this should have resolved the problems you’ve noticed with back to back recordings. We still have certain geographic areas to cover over the next few days, but once that’s done, you should all notice that the problem goes away.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve

0 Ratings