Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnSteven
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Failure to add Total Entrertainment Package to Subscription

Hi All,

I really hope that someone here can help me sort out a problem that has been ongoing for over a month now....

Back in June I made some changes to my BT subscription which included taking out a brand new Total Entertainment BT TV package. All went well on my initial chat to the customer services phone line until a few minutes after I ended the call I realised that the advisor had managed to throw me a curve ball and provide me with Entertainment Extra instead of Total Entertainment. This is when it all started to go rather badly wrong.... 😞

I imediately called them back and explained the situation to them - they replied that the order would need to go through unaltered, I would receive my standard YouView box, they would cancel the contract and start a new one for Total Entertainment and I would send the YouView box back to them. OK, long winded but a logical process I thought. This all seemed to go fine EXCEPT that the original order still appears on my 'Open Orders' page with a line that says 'Sorry for the delay'.

Onwards.... I got an installation date for my YouView Ultra HD box and when the engineer arrives he flatly refuses to install the box in my required location. I have a Cat6 network connection to my living room through the house structured cabling but bacause it's not beside the HH5 the engineer would not even make an attempt to connect up the box even though he was holding the box in his hand no more than 5 feet away from the network cable, HDMI lead and antenna lead!!! At this point I asked him to leave and imediately called BT and cancelled my order in disgust.

A week after the unhelpful 'engineer' left the building I check my BT orders page and find that I have two open orders - one dated 18th June which states that an engineer has arrived at my property but may need to do some work outside... I guess he's been wandering about out there day and night for over a month now 🙂 And another dated 7th July which says that I've cancelled my order...

Right then, I now think to myself that since my order is still in the system I'll have another go at getting an engineer to install a YouView Ultra HD box so I get back in touch with BT and explain what I (the customer) would like them to do.

I now have a bright shiny new YouView Ultra HD box, a subscription to Total Entertainment which according to my latest bill I am now paying for BUT I don't actually have any of the Total Entertainment channels just the Entertainment Extra channels from my original (incorrect) order AND according to my open orders page I now have ANOTHER BT engineer that is doing some extra work outside my property....

You're probably thinking that there's something wrong with my network and that's why the HD channels aren't working, however when I go to the 'Find and Watch TV' page on the BT website it tells me that I am not subscribed to BT sport and need to contact BT to have this added to my subscription.

I have been in touch with BT by telephone numerous times and as has happened to so many people before me I get bounced from one department to another to talk to 'experts' who clearly are not interested or are not capable of sorting out this mess. I have registered a complaint but have not had a reply or acknowledgement and I really am out of options and energy and motivation to try and sort this out. I don't think there's even any point in trying to cancel my order as my request will probably just end up as unactioned item number 4 in my 'Open Orders' page!!! 🙂

Is there anyone on this forum that can pull some magic strings in BT land and try to help sort out this mess fo me? I will be forever in your debt if you can 🙂

Many thanks for reading,

John Steven.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Failure to add Total Entrertainment Package to Subscription

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 7

Hi @JohnSteven Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that your BTTV orders have not gone smoothly.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
JohnSteven
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks John,

PM sent.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

The moderators do not respond to PM's you must use their contact us link
0 Ratings
JohnSteven
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Sorry, that's actually what I did do!!

0 Ratings
yellowandgreen
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Best of luck with the moderator. Probably your best hope. Had a similar problem with BT putting me onto the wrong package. Best advice having had three weeks of hell is to avoid speaking to Indian call centres. Just hangup and keep dialling until you speak with someone in the UK. Also speak with the 'retention dept'. Finally threaten to leave. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Sky definitell win on this by a long way. Best of luck.
0 Ratings