cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_h
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Failure to deliver BT Infinity on agreed date

I requested Infinity on 10th May with a delivery date and appointment set up for 21st May. I received the new home hub and letter of confirmation detailing the changes and appointment.

I sat in all afternoon of the 21st waiting for the engineer to arrive and when he didnt I contact bt to find out why. It seems due to 'technical error' bt were unable to install my upgrade that day. In reality this error was that the engineering department did not receive my request and therefore no engineer was assigned to the job. Hmm seems odd as i received a further email from bt on 19th May to confirm the engineer's appointment. 

I  have requested that this error is rectified asap and i received a phonecall from bt to arrange a new appointment. They offered me 8th June and i was so shocked i hardly knew what to say. They make a mistake and i have to wait a futher 2-3 weeks before i receive my upgrade. 

I told them srry this was not acceptable and that i wanted the matter resolved this week as this was their error. More concerning was that if i wanted to be compensated for the error i must accept the 8 June date and If i wanted an earlier date I would not be entitled to compensation. 

You can imagine my surprise at this suggestion, bt make an error and to be compensated I have to go to the back of the queue for an engineers appointment. 

I dont call this customer service and frankly im beginning to wonder if bt understand the word. This situation is totally unacceptable and I have told this over and over to the India callcentre. All i wont right now is confirmation that an engineer will come this week and install what was promised and the right to compensation from bt in their failure to meet the service level agreement. 

Having read the SLA it clearly states compensation if awarded where bt fail to install on the CDD.

Up till now I have received good service and I am very disappointed by the treatment i have received regarding this matter. 

As a footnote I also emailed bt which said there would be a response in 24hrs and as yet no one has replied to that. 

Hmm maybe I should look elsewhere for broadband. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Abu-Dina
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Failure to deliver BT Infinity on agreed date

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I also had connections issues recently and I was really angry. They also messed up my appointment and like you, I also wasted half a day sat at home waiting. But I was lucky to get an apppintment the next day.

Have you tried calling several times? Chances are you will get a different customer support represenative who might be able to escakate your situation. To have to wait another 2 weeks is unacceptable.

0 Ratings
m_h
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I have already spoken to a number of different customer support staff and i dont understand why they have been unable to confirm a new appointment for friday straight away. 

I do know that for infinity to be connected some work has to be done at the exchange at it appears that this was not done, and it takes a couple of days. As this was reported on Monday I would have thought by now the work was done but i seem to be unable to get a straight answer on this.

Im still waiting for confirmation for the re-appointment which is likely to be fri/sat but my online order status states the delivery is now the 8th June which I have flatly refused to accept.

0 Ratings
MattUK
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

This seems to be a common issue with how poor BT are at workwith Openreach to get things done.  Exact same happened to me (although I was told on the day they had cancelled) and I then escalated it via the routes mentioned on here, however even that made no difference on getting a new date brought forward and ended up waiting several weeks.

It was all offsetted in the end by the quality of the OR engineer, who was prepared to do almost anything to get my service working and where I wanted.

All I could say, is stick with it, the end results are worth it, but god only knows why BT are so unable to deal with the basics for a company that has its primary business of providing such services.

Personally I think the issue is with OR, because I had someone who had Plusnet fibre installed (Also owned by BT) and they had huge issues with their install... so thinking of going elsewhere doesn't really offer you much, as its all installed by the same bunch, who seem to have a problem talking to their own customers who in turn are unable to tell us their customers.

0 Ratings
m_h
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I certainly wont be giving up on it yet but it does concern me that bt seem unable to confirm fri/sat date for delivery so far.

Openreach have a service level agreement in place with bt and they failed to meet this. It also states that bt have the right to expedite a delivery date and this is something i intend to make clear to bt today and push harder to get this date confirmed and the order tracking updated accordingly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
simondup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

It is a common occurance at the moment (I am going through the same thing).

Dependeing on your old broadband provider, BT seems to have issues when dealing with migration of LLU lines.

I am currently with BE (only broadband not line rental) and it will take 2 appointments to get me installed. Some people manage it other don't.

The 1st one is cancelled with the "engineer is no longer required" and then after than they need to place a new order once your line has been "brought back".

Contact the mods they might be able to help (can take 3 days for a reply as they are busy).https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
m_h
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I ended up having to ring the callcentre in India to check on the expediated date and make sure they mailed the information to me just in case. 

Today the engineer arrived and promptly connected me to Infinity 2. All seems fine atm and with a 74mb download speed i am very happy.

Keeping my fingers crossed i dont get any further problems. Speaking to the engineer i did get a very different picture, not sure what to think but honestly I would rather have a uk callcentre than one in India. 

Having worked for a company that moved some business processes to India i know what happens and frankly sometimes all we customers want is a friendly voice who we can relate to.

0 Ratings
Abu-Dina
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Excellent news.

Enjoy the speed 🙂

0 Ratings