cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Fantastic Start(not)-phone line not working

I ordered BT infinity, tv, phone etc and was told it would be installed on 18/12/14.

It was duly installed on due date and I was told my phone line would be active by midnight. By Saturday it still wasn't working so I phoned and was told that the mac code hadn't been released( even though BT told me not to worry about that when I ordered as they would do everything). During the call I was assured that Sky were releasing my number immediately and my phone would be working to make calls within 20 minutes.

Five hours later I still have no working phone line. I tried rephoning the 24 hour line only to be told it shuts at 7.45-how exactly does that work?

I am disabled and heavily reliant on my phone and am NOT happy at having to be without it.

I cannot believe BT could be so inept.

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN REPORT THIS FAULT TO BT TONIIGHT OR AM I STUCK UNTIL TOMORROW WITHOUT A PHONE LINE?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fantastic Start(not)-phone line not working

The Helpdeak to report faults is open 24/7 365 days a year, you can report it whenever you want......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Can you please provide link to help desk as I can't seem to find it....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

0800 800 151 from a land line or 0330 1234 151 from a mobile......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

I've tried the 0330 number 3times now and it keeps saying they are closed( which was where I am getting confused because it definitely says it is a 24 hour line). Thanks for your help. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

That's odd..... I know the Billing/Sales Desks on 150 have limited opening hours but 151 has been open 24/7 as far back as I care to remember.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Hi tartantroll,

Did you manage to get the issue with your phone reported?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

No Neil, I still cant get through to the 0330 1234 151 number. I am using a mobile to call it and each time it goes through the various stages to connecting you to an advisor it then says it is closed. I really am not happy with this service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Hi tartantroll,

Sorry about that. The faults team are definitely open 24/7 but as your BT service has never worked it's most likely an orders issue.  If you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details we'll be happy to help.

You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings