Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chop
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Fast Forward/Backward just jumps by 1 minute

Go to solution

Does anyone know why my remote(latest Youview type) won't smoothly fast forward or rewind when watching recordings? Instead it jumps by 1 minute on the forward/backward buttons and several minutes on the fast forward/backward buttons. It doesn't matter how many times you press the button it doesn't do as it says in the book and fast forward at different speeds.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
derek918
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Fast Forward/Backward just jumps by 1 minute

Go to solution

Hi Chop, those recordings skipping 1 minute at a time will be internet recordings, if you record the basic aerial channels, BBC, ITV, 4, 5 etc your remote will ff and rw normally.

Chop
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
What I don't get is if they are both just bits streams being played back from a recording on the local disk why the behaviour is different?
0 Ratings
Noelect
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Exactly.

All of last year we had to record 3 1/2 - 4 hours of MotoGP i.e. races 2, 3 and the GP in one lump.  I tried to discover why this was and if it would be possible for BT Vision to split it into 3 programmes, which could be recorded according to personal choice.  The downside of the programme being recorded in one lump, was that in order to watch only the GP you had to step through 3 hours of video.  I was informed that due to the way 'internet' programmes are transmitted i.e. in batches the Youview box was unable to 'fast forward', but as there appeared to be no reason why the programme could not be split into its constituent parts this would be done ready for the 2015 season.

Due to the fragmented way BT is organised, this has obviously been too difficult a task to accomplish, this was evident when the the first set of races were transmitted and had to be recorded in one long lump and then laboriously stepped through.

Please if there is anyone capable of requesting that the programme is split could they do so, if splitting is impossible, perhaps the reason why could be explained.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Actually due to the bug (since fixed) of B2B recordings on the same internet channel mostly failing it was a good job that they did *not* split coverage for the individual races.  This was a major pain still as quali immediately followed FP3 so as a workaround I used to set a one off recording of quali on the SD channel to run alongside the HD channel series link recording.

The other thing is that you *can* move directly to a specific play point in a long recording: Go back to the Recordings List view (mute the audio first to avoid spoilers); key in the time elapsed to the desired play point eg 1 2 3 for 1 hour 23 minutes in; press OK. Check the MotoGP web site for the timetable of race starts to avoid accidentally overshooting and seeing a spoiler.

0 Ratings
jim1231
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I have this problem , but support told me it was designed this way to make it easier for users to get to the part of the recording they wished to see. Incidently the technique I am using for internet recordings to bypass adverts is to press ffwd down for each skip until the programme starts again and use fast backwards . This jumps back in 10 sec bursts.

0 Ratings