Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geoffben
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Faster speed

Go to solution

I have FTTP BT Infinity 2. speed 41. contacted bt and told to use Ethernet cable between hub(6) and laptop.speed now 74.

but cant get wi-fi on printer or any other device ,unless i remove Ethernet cable and return to 41mps. any idea.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
geoffben
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

WIRED OR WI-FI?

Go to solution

I can get  promised speed by using Ethernet cable between Hub and Laptop, But i can`t get WI-FI to my printer or other equipment ,unless i revert back to WI-FI and a slower speed Any help?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Re: Faster speed

Go to solution
You absolutely can use both Ethernet and wireless as the same time.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
geoffben
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

As soon as i connect Ethernet to my laptop it stops showing the WI-FI connection sign.also relatives  in flat next door loose wi-fi signal.to there equipment.How do know how they are both conected?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

What is happening with your laptop is normal. If the laptop connects by Ethernet that takes priority over wireless. It will not connect to both at the same time. Because it is connecting by Ethernet it will not show the wireless signal.

What is your relative connecting with, is it a laptop, phone etc and are they connecting to your Homehub wireless signal and not the BTWifi one.

EDIT: When you say it does not show the "Wifi" connection, do you mean on the laptop or on the Smarthub?

0 Ratings
geoffben
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

thanks

relitives conect by WI-FI from Homehub 6

does not show WI-FI on on laptop untill i remove Ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@geoffben wrote:

thanks

relitives conect by WI-FI from Homehub 6

does not show WI-FI on on laptop untill i remove Ethernet cable.  I explained why it does that in my last post.

Try ONE factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

geoffben
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Well explained all seems to be working well.

0 Ratings